Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Food

I'd like to start a new feature. Each Friday, when I'm tired of cooking, I'll post my dinner menu and you post yours in the comments. Okay? This way we might all get some new ideas and inspiration. This isn't just for 'housewives', anyone can play along.

Tonight we're having company, so it's a little more 'fancy' than usual.

Meatloaf
Onion Rice
Green Beans
Brocolli Salad

Caramel-Banana Sundaes with Nuts and Whipped Cream

If you see something in someone's menu that you want a recipe for, leave a request in the comments. Have a good Friday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have to pick Fri. supper? That's our only eve. on the weekend when we don't have as open door policy so that's the eve. our main course is my dear hubby's popcorn and icecream. We may or may not throw in a few side dishes as the urge strikes. I wish we could come for supper at your house sometime. =(

Anonymous said...

Okay, Iris, so what did you have last night then? (Is it okay if I change the rules for her, Rhonda?) I'm getting off easy tonight. We're going to a BBQ and I just have to bring meat and one dish. So we're grilling some walleye that I got for taking someone to the airport to pick it up. :-) And my (not so) famous bean salad.

Robyn said...

For awhile we did "romantic dinner" with the kids on Friday night but we haven't done that for awhile. Tonight we had turkey rice soup and italian cheese bread (check it out in the Nisly book, it's awesome). We're waiting for Jose and sisters to show up. But we ate without them cause they're late...

Anonymous said...

It is now 9 pm and Collin is finishing up the dishes from our suddenly altered Fri. night supper all because of one reason...we decided to go fishing!!! In about an hour we had 14 nice walleyes in our boat, most of which the kids caught, and that doesn't include the little ones we threw back! So we ended up eating piles of deepfried fish, carrot sticks, warm rhubarb crunch and ice cream. Yummy! Do any of you want to come for supper tomorrow night? =)

rachelslab said...

I ate cereal for supper. Does anyone care?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm adding a rule...no talking about walleye!! :-) Just kidding, but it almost makes me drool. (Not good for the keyboard.)
Robyn, I want your soup recipe, please. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'd say I'm sorry, Rhonda, but instead I'm just hoping it makes you determined to come here for a visit this Fall. =) I promise to feed you all the walleye you can handle.
Rachel, when Arthur is gone, we too have been known to eat cereal for supper.

Robyn said...

This is a great discussion. I'm so glad to hear other people eat cereal for supper. Rhonda, my turkey rice soup is not a recipe (just call me Martha). I just cooked the crap out of the turkey carc-ass (I can say that cause my kids can't read this) and then added chicken oxo, carrots, celery, onions, corn and rice. It was tasty, but pretty greasy :-(

rachelslab said...

Again Robyn, I'm inspired! Oh when can you begin teaching me to be a real woman, hilda the housemaid...