


So, my internet wasn’t working for a few days, but now we’re cookin’ again. It’s pathetic how much I miss it when it’s gone. Enough of that.
My curtains are indeed up and here are pictures as proof.
My kids are, um, a handful. I have no picture as proof, unless you want a picture of me as I look right now. (I just told M that if there was a book about me, it would say, “She looked and felt every one of her 31 years.”)
We (the kids and I) baked cookies this morning. We have friends returning from furlough (ooops, I mean home assignment) tonight and Saturday, so we wanted to have a ‘welcome home’ plate of cookies for each of them. Fine idea, except I tried a new recipe and it made 8 (EIGHT!!!) dozen (DOZEN!!!) cookies. Enough is enough. (or as someone I know would write, “enouph is enouph.”)
The cat killed a snake today. (A small one, but a snake, nonetheless.)
M is going away from Tuesday to Thursday. I’m not exactly dreading it. Just not exactly looking forward to it, either. I’m turning into a wimp since there are 3 pilots here now and he doesn’t have to do very many overnights.
Here’s a hypothetical question. Just imagine that you have kids. If those kids were helping you make cookies, and they all just blatantly and yea, even unashamedly disobeyed something that you had just spent 5 solid theoretical minutes discussing, and then the consequence of that disobedience was that they are banned from eating any cookies as long as they both shall live…well, would you or would you not eat your cookies in the presence of those imaginary kids? Just a random scenario I made up while I was baking cookies in the peaceful tranquility of my tidy and well organized kitchen this morning.
Excuse me, I need to go wash out my mouth with soap.

19 comments:
Snicker, snicker. Was the soap as tasty as the cookies?
I'm still laughing! Bethany beat me to it but I too was going to ask how it tasted. =)I'm so glad I'm not the only one with kids that are a 'handful'. If I had a sister or friend close by I just might leave them all on her doorstep and disapear for a day or so. Wanna trade?
Oh yeah, I like your curtains, too. Snazy!
Well, we're all in the same boat. Anyone have sibling rivalry cures??? How about cures for mouthing off? Any creative ideas I would welcome. Nice curtains, by the way.
nice curtains! Are those imaginary kids eathing raw eggs in the form of cookie dough by chance? That sounds like something imaginary kids might do. If that's the case, I would imagine up some kids who don't do that... tee hee.. I don't have a good answer for your question as you may have noted.
Whoever answers Robyn's question needs to send me the answer too. I should get out my "Creative Correction" book again. It's a great resource for this sort of thing. Robyn, it's written by Lisa Welchel.
i have no great and/or wonderful wisdom in the kid department... or imaginary kid department either. sorry. but i like the curtain rods... and the curtains.
Curtains - very swell! Kids - very familiar! I'm so glad I'm not alone! Today a friend and her two children were visiting (Jen Stemkens, for the few of her who know her). And my sweet precious boys were hooligans. Caleb was throwing nails at the others (!?) and Logan poured grape juice on Tristan's white shirt. And that's just the beginning... Sigh. Is it possible that we were all such terrors at one time and have now turned out so well? :-) Is it possible that our children will one day be Godly, well-mannered productive members of society? Lord, may it be so!!!
Rachel - no raw eggs involved. But i discovered that S thinks that I've been saying 'rotten' this whole time instead of raw. :) (For those of you who haven't been here, we DON'T eat cookie dough because of the raw eggs.
Jenni - I can only speak for my sisters and I (and I would like to hear my mom's opinion on this), but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we were not this crazy. Well, I do remember fighting a lot, but I don't remember doing random, wild things...like biting pieces of towel off after bathtime, or claiming the popcorn popper as a toy, or trying to tie up the cat with a scarf, or chewing up every. single. crayon. But, maybe I just don't remember that because it seems logical at the time.
I love hearing tales of random acts of dumbness carried out by kids not my own. I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones who just don't think sometimes. I'm sorry Rhonda and Jenni, but I laughed out loud at your kids' antics.
Random acts of dumbness. That's it exactly! Maybe (maybe??) Solomon had it right: "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him." Speaking of which, when we were young, a good friend of my Mom's had a dream that she was taking care of Sheldon and me and she had to spank Sheldon. Seems like she tried to spank him and he wouldn't cry. So she pulled down his drawers, and his little bottom was totally calloused. I love that story becaue the main character was my brother, not me. Of course I think there was a reason she had that dream in the first place. :-)
Oh, I know a way to get them all back - get them to marry each other and see what kind of kids they produce. Lets see, Graham and Caitlyn, Caleb and Andrea, Logan and Olivia L., Josiah and Olivia S., Anna Christina and Evan... Oops, there aren't enough boys to go around...
Jenni, you forgot Collin. It could be Collin and A.C. and evan with Adrienne. I think that would be all in our 4 families. You better hope the rest of yours and Robyn's match up since Rhonda and I are done. =) (Did you ever think about it that Collin and Anna Christina have the same initials...Arthur Collin =A.C.,too. Maybe it's a sign.) (for all you others who thinks we're crazy...we're only half serious.)
Yes, Iris, that would work, but we're still short 3 boys for Aimee, Sierra, and Larissa. I guess it's up to you to have triplets, because the rest of us are related. Keith and I were wondering at supper if it would be okay for Matthew's girls to marry Trevor or Little Scotty?? Okay, this is getting really weird now!
You guys are cracked up! ;-) But the initial thing with AC's is kind of cool. I'll keep it in mind. Don't forget these are our grandchildren we're talking about, and we have to babysit them someday! This is getting to be like a chat room...
Or, they could all just move to Utah where being short a few boys isn't an insurmountable problem. Just an idea....
man, i go to bed and you guys go nuts here!
Personally, I think Josiah and Adrienne would look terribly cute together...well, now, at least. :)
Crazy. Are all the husbands' eyes sore from doing so much rolling?
yeah, but that'd never work - 2 3rd borns in one gendered families (with the exception of one parent)?? Ya gotta mix up the birth orders a bit - that's what some psychologist told me anyway... but at this point, ya, terribly cute. I doubt they will retain their charming adorableness into adulthood though...
I give up. It's a good thing we're not into arranged marriages for real. (we just finished reading aloud a bood about Amy Carmichael in India and my kids had a real hard time getting their minds wrapped around 9 year olds being engaged and 12 year olds...girls anyway...being married.)I'll just pray my kids make godly choices. I WILL put my foot down on the Utah thing, Rachel....I'm not THAT desperate for cute grandkids!
Post a Comment