
I�m cold. I live in a tropical country and I�m sick and tired of being cold. I�ve lived in Canada for the majority of my life, and I�ve never been so consistently cold as I have been since I moved to Madagascar. It all comes of having no central heating, no carpet on the floors and doors that have gaps like this. (see photo) So, when I say that the temperature is 15* C, and you think, �What a whiney-butt.�, consider that it�s probably about 16* C in my house. (Unless I�m sitting right by the fireplace which burns pricey wood from Madagascar�s dwindling forests, or by the electric space heater which delivers not only heat, but bills with big numbers.) But I�m not complaining. Some people here don�t have windows, doors or fireplaces. All in all, it�s not so bad, I guess.

10 comments:
Do you see apostrophes and quotation marks? Or little diamonds with question marks in them? Something isn't right...
I see tiny little squares where there should be those apostrophes and quotation marks. I thought you were trying to confuse us all with some wierd font or something. =) I'm sorry you're cold....maybe it's to prepare you for visiting Canada in the fall. You could all take parkas home to where in your house next winter...then you could pretend to be camping in the winter or something dumb like that. (I better be carefull...my husband LIKES to camp in the winter!)
We had a small "taste" (oooh, bad choice of words) of what you guys seem to go through on a regular basis. AC was throwing up all night and a couple times this morning. She's doing better now and we're praying no one else gets it!!! Big tip - breathe through your mouth!!!
btw, very cool picture. You should get it printed and framed. (Seriously.)
Yeah, what Robyn said. Before I read the post, I thought the picture was just cool art. :-) ANd I'm sorry you're so cold. I would hate it too! I'd much rather be a little too warm than a little too cold! Shall I just say, "Depart in peace, be WARMED and filled!"?
I'll never say anything about your indoor weather complaints!
Rachel, is that because you feel sorry for her or because you think she's silly? (heaven forbid)
Hi Rhon, thanks for leaving your blog address, now I check in with you from time to time. We had a nice relaxing fourth weekend, spent some time with the in-laws. I started a really great water fight!! I got totally soaked and even got my father-in-law to smile (ofcourse it was after he held the hose to my head for a bit :) )ANywhoo, hope you are having a great day, say hello to your family for us.
It is becasue I have sat in her house and frozen with the best of em
Oh, and Rachel? It got way colder for about 5 days after you left. Yikes. Now it's back to what it was while you were here. Whew.
Post a Comment