Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm famous!!

Last night the MAF wives got together to watch a movie. We watched Bride and Prejudice, which is the Bollywood* version of…guess what? Pride and Prejudice, of course. I can’t recommend it for various reasons, but it was entertaining in its own way. So why am I telling you this? Well, there is a scene of a choir on a beach, and when I saw that, I yelled. (Startling the poor ladies who were there.) Way back in 2003, we had to go to CA for training for MAF, and one weekend we went to Santa Monica for the day and walked on the beach. They have a pier there with a roller coaster and Ferris wheel and shops and restaurants, and we had a great time there. As we were walking along the beach, we saw a film crew filming a choir on the beach. They made us stop walking while they had the cameras going so that we wouldn’t be in the background. Matthew asked them what movie it was and when he came back he said, “It’s ‘Bride-something.’” Cool, huh?

*Bollywood is the Indian version of Hollywood, and apparently India produces the most films per year of any country in the world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I have your autograph?

Rhonda said...

I'll scan it and send it to you. :)

Jenni said...

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but it would be a better story if you had somehow gotten into the picture! :-)

Iris said...

I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't you tell one of your girls to run and then you could have just chased her right past the camera? I'm sure an intellegent beautiful person like you could have thought of something!

rachelslab said...

great minds think alike - as I was reading the story I was imagining watching the movie with my friends and yelling HEY, THAT'S MY SISTER IN LAW!!!!! But, it's still a good story.

Rhonda said...

um, they stopped us on the sidewalk and wouldn't let us go until they were done. i think they would have just redone the scene if we had managed to get in the picture.

Aimee wants me to write her name: AIMEE

Anonymous said...

Just had to say 'Hi' to a famous Friend.

Anonymous said...

that is pretty cool and kirk will be especially excited when i tell him, b/c he likes indian movies since he was there. i think they're strange and long, but lagaan is kind of good. anyway, congrats on being at the right place at the right time. not just anyone can do that.