Friday, August 04, 2006

The Cat


Yesterday M took the cat for a little(chop-chop)visit to the vet. This is long overdue and had you seen Tiger from the back in the last few weeks, you would have quickly come to the same conclusion. We have ourselves a good-sized cat. I will refrain from further description. He'd also become quite aggressive and prone to wander, if you get my drift.

So, we spared the details from the girls and focused on the fact that he had to get some needles as well. S prayed for him several times and was quite concerned. She told A (while he was gone)that, "Tiger went to the vet. The vet is a Dr for animals, and the vet is praying for him so he gets better." She also prayed, "Thank you for my cat. Thank you that he purrs, but sometimes he doesn't purr because things aren't good for him." I'm sure Tiger would have offered an 'amen' to that.

Tiger came home after only 2 hours, quite wobbly and woozy, but still fightin'. M was proud that the vet had been required to use more than the normal dose of tranquilizer because Tiger was loathe to, um, take it laying down. Apparently the vet was also pretty quick and somewhat relieved to return Tiger to M. Imagine.

This morning Tiger is walking and sitting somewhat gently and in a way that makes me want to offer him an ice pack. S, thinking of the needles, says lovingly to him, "Do your arms still hurt?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is VERY funny! I love the way you end it. : ) How on earth do you keep from laughing when S makes such comments?!

Anonymous said...

Only you Rhonda, could make something like this soooo FUNNY! I chuckled the whole way through. =)(I know a man who went for a (snip snip)doc. visit (no, not the vet) and told his kids he was going to have knee surgery. That worked fine until all his neighbours (in his wealthy, suburb) started asking about his sudden knee surgery!)

Sabrina said...

I am not a cat lover, but I feel a little bad for Tiger! Iris, great story. I bet that guy will learn never to lie to his kids again!

Jose said...

As the male voice in these comments. Well..the story is funny but it's quite unsettleing for any male reader.

Rhonda said...

sorry Jose...I have to say the whole thing sort of made me cringe, too. I thought Matthew was very brave to be the one to take him. :)