Saturday, September 02, 2006

Another conversation gone bad...

So, we’re driving along and go by some rice fields. It goes something like this:

C: Oh look, they’re picking up the rice.
Me: No, they’re actually planting the rice. Look, you can see them putting the new plants into the water.
S: That’s not good. (Sigh.) Soldiers do that.
C: What?
S: Soldiers plant rice and that’s not good.
C: No they don’t! Soldiers hunt!
S: Yeah. They hunt for lots and lots of water.
C: No, they hunt for people.
S: And kill them?
C: Sometimes, but they just hunt for them.
S: Is that what your soldiers do?
C: Yeah.
S: Me too.

5 comments:

rachelslab said...

This is great! Rhonda, you have a great memory to be able to duplicate these.

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you're recording stuff like this so they can kill themselves laughing in 15 or 20 years!!

Anonymous said...

do you not just laugh your head off? i would. i can only pray that there are many of these conversations while we're in winnipeg.

Anonymous said...

You truly do have the funniest kids ever!!!! By the way...I'm back. Did you miss me? =)

Sabrina said...

I'm amazed at how little minds work! I can't imagine what your girls and Robyn's girls will come up with when they are together!