Friday, October 20, 2006

Off the top of my head...

I thought it's about time for an update, but don't feel very inspired. I'm actually very sleepy and wish that I could justify a nap. Since I slept till 8:30 this morning, I don't think that will work. :) (I've been afraid that when my kids grow up, I'll have forgotten how to sleep in. Now, I know that some of you (Rachel) would think that 8:30 is not sleeping in, but trust me, it is. And it felt good to sleep that long and to know that I can still do it!)

We just had a really great lunch and a game of Settlers with the Neufelds and I felt a twinge of wishing for the good ol' days of living in Cochenour. Then we drove around Cochenour and looked at 'our' old house and the twinge disappeared faster than you can drive through Cochenour. And that's saying something.

The girls are showing signs of being weary of all of this upheaval. Only 2 more weeks, so I think they'll be fine.

Only 2 more weeks?? Well, that's what the calendar says. Time is flying by, but I feel like we're getting almost everything done that we wanted to. There are a few things that we are still trying to fit it, but we'll see.

M and I just had a great mini-honeymoon in Dryden this week. We left on Tues morning and got back Weds evening. I don't know when we've last had that much time to just talk and enjoy each other's company WITHOUT INTERRUPTION!!! It was truly a blessing and a boost to our marriage.

This Sunday we are talking at RLMC. Hope we get organized before then!

Ok, that's all. My eyes are starting to cross. (Oh yeah, I got contacts!! Very exciting stuff.)

5 comments:

rachelslab said...

I got up at around 6:15 this morning and 8:30 would have felt great. (although you're right, I'd still have a hard time calling that sleeping in) Hey, I noticed you still have your blog on Madagascan time because you somehow managed to post this tomorrow. Cool.

Anonymous said...

Contacts are great! I'm happy for you that you got to go be alone with your honey. Call me sometime before you leave Red Lake...if you can find a spare minute inbetween all those last minute visits. =)

Robyn said...

Now your glasses won't fog up when you kiss your hubby. That's good. I was just thinking today, "I wonder if Rhonda is getting all the things done that she wants to get done while she's in Canada?" So I'm glad you are. I'll call you tomorrow. We should be talking on the phone every single day you know.

Jenni said...

I'm wondering if you're getting to eat all of that fun food you were pining after. Let me know if I need to cook you some perogies or Baduik's sausage or something like that!

Anonymous said...

hey... you could update, ya know! :)