Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Because I could do this 5 minutes at a time, but can't write a real post that way...

This took me days to do. So you'd better like it! :) And, no, I didn't make it up.

Are you in a relationship? Um, yeah. And a darn good one, too.

Do you hate more than 3 people? No. But I can think of at least two that I really have trouble liking.

How many houses have you lived in? 13, I think. 14, if you count the dorm at RBI.

What is your favorite candy bar? Snickers.

What are your favorite shoes? Birkenstocks.

Have you ever tripped someone? I don’t know. I think if I tripped someone on purpose, I’d remember it. Who knows.

Have you ever thrown up in public? Yes, on a little airplane.

What is your favorite music genre? Late 80s, early 90s Christian rock. And, yes, there is such a thing.

What is your birthday? August 18

What time were you born? Around noon, I think.

Do you like beer? No.

Have you ever made a prank call? I think so.

What is the most embarrassing CD you own? Connie Scott? Disney favorites?

Are you sarcastic? Only for about 9 years now.

What are your favorite colors? Blue. That’s always a favorite, but I love red, too. There’s also a shade of green that I love, but don’t know what it’s called.

How many watches do you own? 1

Summer or winter? Summer, and I live in near-paradise in that department.

Spring or fall? Fall. No contest.

What is your favorite color to wear? Black, blue, red, denim. Daring, huh?

Pepsi or Sprite? Coke. (Who fainted?)

What color is your cell phone? Grey blue.

Where is your second home? Uh…huh? Heaven? Canada? Don’t think I have a ‘real’ second home.

Have you ever slapped someone? no.

Have you ever had a cavity? No. Sound the flags.

How many lamps are in your bedroom? Sadly, none. Maybe soon.

How many video games do you own? Me? Video games? None. (That doesn’t mean computer games, right???)

What was your first pet? A cat.

Have you ever had braces? No, and I am never going to be done being thankful for being spared that trial. I can’t stand having my teeth cleaned…I think I would have been a bad orthodontic patient.

Do looks matter? Whose? Mine? My husband’s? Yours? Maybe.

Do you use chapstick? Sporadically. I’m more likely to use Vaseline.

Name 3 teachers from your high school: N/A

American Eagle or Abercrombie? Are you speaking Greek? I live in Madagascar, and before that I lived in Red Lake. How about SAAN?

Are you too forgiving? Excuse me while I laugh at the possibility.

What is your favorite breakfast? Eggy something with ham or bacon, something sweet like coffee cake, and a big glass of oj.

Do you own a gun? Nope. But I know who does.

Have you ever thought you were in love? Yes. I’ve been right and wrong about that.

When was the last time you cried? Lately, I’m sure.

What did you do 3 nights ago? Tried to stay awake past 8:30.

When was the last time you went to Olive Garden? Two weeks ago in Winnipeg, with my sister. Great food and terrific company. I’d love to make it a habit.

Have you ever called your teacher mom? Stop, reverse that.

Have you ever been in a castle? Yes, complete with secret tunnels. Tres cool.

What are your nicknames? Rhon is the only one I would encourage, and even that may be nearing the expiry date.

Do you know anyone named Bertha? It seems like I do, but I guess I don’t.

Do you own something from Banana Republic? My husband used to, does that count?

Are you thinking about somebody right now? My husband.

Have you ever called someone Boo? Can’t say that I have.

Do you own a diamond ring? Yes. For almost 9 years now. It came with the sarcasm.

Are you happy with your life right now? For the most part.

Does anyone like you? I think that there’s this one guy with a pretty serious crush. Or in general? Judging from the amount of tears shed when I/we left Canada a week ago, I don’t think it’s presumptuous to think they might like me.

What were you doing May of 1994? Going to RBI.

McDonald’s or Wendy’s? Wendy’s. Unless there’s an A&W or Subway nearby.

Do you like yourself? Sometimes.

Are you afraid of the dark? Sometimes.

Do you have a webcam? Yes. Do I use it? Not much.

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. Did you really have to ask?

What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Cinema? What’s that? Probably “Meet the Parents.” I think I was pregnant with A and S.

What are your favorite TV shows? Well, I don’t really watch TV, but if I did I would watch Trading Spaces and shows like that. I also would be a major game show addict. I love Jeopardy. Love. Someday I’m going to be a contestant. (Yeah, right.)

What did you have for breakfast? Nothing. I’m sick.

What is your middle name? Denise. Pretty, huh?

What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican, Mennonite, Middle Eastern, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, what’s not to like?

What foods do you dislike? Mushrooms. Cilantro.

What is your favorite CD at the moment? I’m really not into music at this stage of my life. I guess I’d go for Steve Bell or the Rankins or Carolyn Arends or a worship CD of some sort. But I don’t think I have a favorite.

What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Surf.

Favorite sandwich? Almost anything from Subway. At home, it would be a good bagged summer sausage, onion, mustard, tomato and lettuce. Maybe with cheese, if it’s good cheese.

What characteristics do you despise? Despise? Lying and shameless self-promotion, I guess. Deception is the worst.

What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and a t-shirt, hands down.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Scotland, Switzerland, New Zealand and the west coast of Canada would all be at the top of the list.

What color is your bathroom? They don’t have color. If I could decorate a bathroom it would involve a mossy green and a rusty orange.

Favorite brand of clothing? Beats me.

Where would you want to retire to? Quebec.

Favorite time of day? Whenever Matthew gets home.

Where were you born? Ravenna, Ohio.

Favorite sport to watch? CFL or curling, but really, I’m just not much of a sports fan anymore. Maybe someday.

Are you a morning person or night owl? Neither, anymore. I used to be a serious night owl, and I know that I could easily go back to that if I could sleep in.

What did you want to be when you were little? A scientist or a surgeon, and a mom.

What is your best childhood memory? Hmmm. I think it’s all the camping/fishing/etc that we did. Especially the time we were camping and I got up before everyone else and caught 7 fish before anyone else woke up. I must have only been about 7.

Eye Color? Blue.

Ever been toilet papering? You betcha. And it was a lot of fun, too.

Favorite day of the week? Saturday.

I tag Iris and Sabrina...if you don't want to do the whole thing, pick 15 questions that'd you want to answer.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Hoo boy. I laughed, I cried. It moved me, Bob! Well, I didn't cry. Diamonds and sarcasm!! That's good. Thanks for the interesting read and good laugh! Love ya and miss ya!! The other day Caleb did or said something that reminded me of Sierra. Sigh.

rachelslab said...

Wow - that was a piece of work - can I just say - you NEVER slapped one of you sistes? Ever? Also, that's cool that you like Jepordy. Every time I try to watch it, my roommate makes fun of me and says that only old ladies like Jepordy. But we know what's what, eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow, What an act to follow. Who in the world is Connie Scott? Rusty orange? Really? Huh. I learned some things about you and I'm anxious to do this myself. I wish I knew how to copy and paste. This is so long I just might have to ask someone to show me how.

Sabrina said...

Very interested questions! I will enjoy answering them, but give me a week at least! :) Connie Scott and the Rankins (for some reason they remind me of Harvey R. ??) what a blast from the past! I'd love to hear a tape (did they make CD's back them??) of either one!

Sabrina said...

I just copied and pasted this into Word. It's 5 pages long!! You'd better give me a little longer than a month!

Rhonda said...

Let's see...

I don't think I ever slapped one of my sisters. Punched, yes. Slapped, no. They can correct me if they want to.

And guess what? I just bought a jeopardy computer game in Canada. :)

Connie Scott is a small-time Canadian Christian 'rocker' from the early 90s. Pretty bad stuff unless you loved it while you were young.

I like rusty orange in small amounts...I wouldn't be painting the walls like that or anything.

To copy and paste, you just highlight the text you want, right click and select 'copy' or 'paste'.

Yes, I have actual CDs of both Connie Scott and the Rankins. In fact, the Connie Scott CD was the first CD i ever bought. :) I was ALL THAT, baby.

Ack, did you have to count the pages. I was hoping no one would. :)

You know, I wonder where my sisters are...

Anonymous said...

here i am! that was pretty interesting, although i knew lots of your answers already. or some, at least. also, kirk's newest 'love' is jeopardy. it's ok, but i think 'millionaire' would be way more fun. there's a new game show called '1 vs. 100' which i think i could make probably $75,000 off of, but 'millionaire' would be more fun.

i don't remember much slapping going on between us either. (doesn't mean it didn't happen)

Anonymous said...

Wow Rhonda, I am glad you were able to do that 5 min. at a time, that is a doozy! I never fill those things out becuase I figure pretty much everyone knows what I would say, but I learned some new things about you, dear friend. The sarcasm was dripping from most answers and that is what I love about you!
I haven't checked your blog in awhile and it was fun to get caught up again. Maybe I will comment on every single post!! Oh, and hoorah for Jepoardy! It is by far by fav game show and the only reason other people don't like it is becasue they aren't smart enough to compete!