Monday, November 27, 2006
I never claimed to be Super-Woman
If your husband is out of town and you have no bread in the house, I suggest that you make a batch of dinner rolls so that you can have tuna sandwiches for supper. After you use half of the dough for sandwich rolls, make the other half into cinnamon rolls. Feed your kids tuna sandwiches and cinnamon rolls for dinner. Cut up a few pears, in an effort to shut up your conscience. Just an idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
sounds like super woman to me! wowzers! you rock! I wanna tuna cinnamon roll too!!
Hey, what's wrong with that? You should have seen what my kids had on Saturday. Okay, mom sent this crap cereal (it was given to her...it's not her fault), in cute little boxes. So I let the girls have that for breakfast. No fruit included. Then their "fill in Grandma" went to the Forks with us, and bought them fries for lunch (I said she could, forgetting what they had for breakfast). And then chocolate milk. And then ice cream cones. And a candy cane from Santa. Anna-Christina had a headache all the way home and even cried about it. Then it occured to me what they had eaten all day. I win Worst Mother of the Year. My only consolation was that she actually had a headache, proving to me she's not used to eating this way!
Tuna salad and cinnamon rolls ain't so bad.
You all are making me feel a lot better about myself. I've been feeling guilty because I know isaiah doesn't get enough veggies every day. Fruit is much easier than vegetables! Now, if I chould be just as concerned about what I eat as my what I feed my son!
Yeah, that's just the way it is somethings, eh? The other day, I couldn't get my rear in gear for supper. I needed one key ingredient from the store, which was closing soon (Yeah, for living in RL) and Keith wasn't home yet. When he came home I suggested we go out to eat (or rush to the store which I really wasn't in favor of). We ate at the Howey. :-) I usually feel like going out to eat about once or twice a week! But we don't!!
So, I am wondering Rhonda if this supper scenario was brought on solely because of the lack of a male in the household (i.e. he could go pick up bread) or if there were other factors involved. Not that it really matters but I see this playing out in my family because there is a severe lack of males and supper always seems to be an issue. My sister and 3 nieces fend for themselves constantly because Matt is no longer there, my Dad always has meetings in the evening, and my brother, well, he is 17 and very immature. We basically count him as another child, not a man that can help or provide in any way.
The most usual fix for our problems is that I pick up pizza on the way home from work for everyone. My sister arrives from work later than me and collapses with gratitude that supper is already taken care of . The only problem is bread and cheese...need I say more?
Post a Comment