1. What did you do in 2006 that you had never done before? Went out on a weekend trip with our church and hiked over the mountains in a skirt and Birkenstocks.
2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I doubt that I made any last year but I’m considering making some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister had a baby in February.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I don’t think so, but I’m scared I’m missing someone obvious and that would be really embarrassing.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? More time with God and more patience for my husband and kids.
7. What dates will remain etched in your memory and why? January 16 – the day L was completely done nursing; Sept 21 – the day we flew to
8. What's your biggest achievement of the year? I really don’t know.
9. What was your biggest failure? Yelling at my kids? Picking fights with my husband? Choosing sleep over prayer?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Well, yes. I live in
11.What was the best thing you bought? M bought our elliptical trainer; we bought Sonlight Core 1; I bought chocolate and peach iced tea. Ha ha.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All of our faithful supporters – the ones that let us know they care about us!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? I’ll pass on that one.
14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries or internet cards. Just kidding. Groceries.
15. What did you get really really excited about? Holidays (especially the one in Feb to the beach) and M’s days off.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Anything from the “Very Veggie Christmas” CD. We listened to it ALL. YEAR.
17. Compared to this time last year are you? a)happier or sadder? About the same b)fatter or thinner? Um, thinner? I don’t remember. c)richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you had done more of? Playing and scrapbooking.
19. What do you wish you had done less of? Criticizing.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? I spent it playing games and laughing my guts out with friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Not really, but my love for a lot of people really grew deeper.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Tee. Vee. What is this Teevee you speak of?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't think so.
24. What was the best book you read? In the unrecommendable-but-still-so-good category, The Kite Runner. In the recommendable category, The Secret Life of Bees.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don’t even know what to say. I’m not sure if I even bought one new CD all year. Speechless, I am. Speechless and also one of the least musical people you will ever meet. And, boy, I can’t wait to see if everyone else but me is making big musical discoveries. Do tell. (I can say a lot for being speechless, eh?)
26. What did you want and get? An elliptical trainer. A trip out of
27. What did you not want and not get? More time to myself. (You don’t need to tell me that’s selfish.)
28. What was your favorite film this year? Narnia.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I turned 31. I think the kids and M made me a cake and then M took me out for supper. Can’t really remember, though.
30. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? More time with family.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion in 2006? Disturbed.
32. What kept you sane? God. M. Friends. Church.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? I’d still watch a movie with Denzel Washington or Harrison Ford in it, just because. But fancy? It’s not like I hang posters of them in my bedroom. ‘Cause that would be pretty odd, wouldn’t it?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Which kid had that first?
35. Who did you miss? It would probably be easier to list the people I didn’t miss.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Hmmm. I have a new brother-in-law that’s pretty cool. I have great new neighbours. It’s a toss-up.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Dark chocolate M&Ms are better after you think that you’ll have to wait 8 months to get them, but they arrive in a matter of weeks.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “We go round and round and round and round till we all fall down…” Just kidding. I dunno.
I tag Robyn, Karla, Kim, Jose, Kirk, Rachel, Jenni, Wendy, Derek, Elise, Iris, Sabrina, Melissa and Dad. If you aren't on this list, pretend you are and do it, too. :)

4 comments:
Thanks, that was entertaining!
Wow, I'm speechless! I don't know if I can do that or not. :-) Thanks for the good read!
I liked it lots!! Yeah for Rhonda who keeps blogging interesting!
Where do you find these things? Or do you make them up? I love lists. =)
Post a Comment