Today is "Potty Training Intensive: Day 2". At noon today I was ready to go back to diapers until she was ready to train herself. But, to make a long story short, we saw a lot of progress in the afternoon, and (please, sit down and let this sink in) after supper this evening she came, took my hand, led me to the potty while saying, "I have to pee!!" and then (Please. Take a deep breath.) SHE. PEED.
Then it all broke loose. The dancing. The clapping. The smiles. The chocolate chips. The satisfaction of a job well done. And L was pretty happy, too.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YEAH! for successful potty training!!! There's nothing that beats the thrill of it. :-) Well, okay maybe I'm exagerrating...
WOW!! Way to go Rhonda!! I'm SO proud of you!!
Congratulations to both of you!! HOpe it continues! Will M continue the training this weekend while you're away??? :-)
Update:
Well, Day 3 went incredibly well. Only one accident and that was partly my fault. File it away for future reference that sticking a just-barely-getting-started potty-trainer in front of a video without a trip to the potty is asking for a puddle on the floor. But, so far she continues to tell me when she has to go. Wow. And, yes, M is going to continue over the wkend. We've come too far to go back now!
Hi there, I'm back. Wanna come over for tea and a long chat? I'll be back to writting just as soon as I get a few boxes and suitcases emptied. =) Hope you're having fun scrapbooking this weekend.
someone who was yet unborn on my wedding day is now being potty trained. where has the time gone??? (yeah, let's make this all about me...) but anyway, i can only imagine how good it feels to be at this point knowing that diapers are soon history. good job!
Post a Comment