Thursday, February 01, 2007

Memorization Update

You might be wondering how my kids and I are coming along with our memorization. Well, today I heard S 'read' this out of her book:

Whoever is foolish has to be in big trouble, or else they’re stupid. Proberbs 10:19

We'll keep on working on this project. :)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

hahahahahahaha. She's a hoot! I guess you do need to keep working on that. :-)

Anonymous said...

S. certainly had an interesting twist to Proverbs 10:19 Certainly was much wisdom in her twist to the verse! I've been working at scripture memory myself of late, and I can get some interesting and new translations to scripture myself! So for a young girl, she's not doing too bad!! So let's all keep working at hiding God's Word in our hearts!
You asked for thaoughts on modern day weeping and wailing and repentance in sack cloth and ashes. I truly believe there is something to be said about lamenting one's sins and repenting over our sins and the evil that we see around us. I have just read the book, The Heavenly Man, by Paul Hattaway. It is a story of a Christian man from China and the suffering he went through for the cause of Christ. He carries such a passion to share Christ with the lost. Truly it gave me a lot to think about as I learned more of the importance of taking our sin issues more seriously and understanding how my sins cause such pain and grief to my heavenly Father. After reading this book, I came to realize how I have so much to learn about suffering for Christ and to be able to count it all joy!" Oh that I could begin to grasp the depth, breadth and vast love and Grace the Father has bestowed upon us!
Thanks for the thought provoking questions!
Our love to you all!
Carolyn Schantz

Jenni said...

Hey! I just read your comment in a previous post about "more miles than a Mennonite Toyota". hahahaha. Our Mennonite Toyota (380,000 km, I think) just bit the dust. We think it's totally dead. So, that comment caught my eye.