For the first time in ages, the girls are watching the VeggieTales video, “Are You My Neighbour”. It made me laugh, because it used to be one of C’s favourites back in the day. (When she was obsessed with VeggieTales...some of you may have been in church at RLMC the Sunday that she burst out into song. She was 20 months old, and she could sing the VeggieTales theme song very clearly, as the people in the pews around us found out.) Anyway, the first story on that tape is a loose version of the good Samaritan story. One line says, “Two shifty crooks and their ruthless commander.” Once she quoted that line as, “Two shifty crooks and their Lucas Pizanzer.” The second story is a Star Trek spoof, and the two gourds are constantly eating. At one crucial point, one of them says, “I’m so hungry, I could eat a planet!” Because it’s crucial point, the word ‘planet’ echoes to make the point. Once C was quoting that part and said, “I’m so hungry I could eat a rabbit…rabbit…rabbit…rabbit.” M and I about fell over laughing.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment