Monday, March 12, 2007

If I can't eat it, I wish one of you would!

Could someone please try this for me? :) I can’t get all the ingredients here, but would love to try this. Someday…

Mountainous Mandarin Pie

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup sour cream
2 drops yellow food coloring, opt.
1 drop red food coloring, opt.
1 carton (8 oz) whipped topping
1 chocolate crumb crust (9 in)
1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 sq. (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate
1 tsp. shortening

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the milk, orange juice concentrate, sour cream, and food coloring. Beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon half into crust. Set aside 8 mandarin orange segments. Arrange remaining oranges over filling. Top with remaining filling and reserved oranges.

In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening. Stir until smooth; cool slightly. Drizzle over pie. Chill for at least 4 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't promise i'll make it, but it looks good and fattening. just the way i like it...

Iris said...

I'll get right on that! Probably later this week. =)Wanna come for a piece? I wish.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

that was me that deleted one. i wanted to do it "better" :-)

* Nice new look! I was only vaguely aware that ours looked the same. I guess we wasted no time rectifying that!

*Pretty roses! It's still amazing to me that you can just grow roses and other cool stuff over there!

* I'll pass on the dessert and let Iris do it. :-) But it sounds good!

Rhonda said...

are you serious, iris? wow. send me a picture before you eat it. :)

jenni, it really didn't bother me that we had the same colour blogs, but i was thinking of a new look anyway. then i saw you had one, too, and almost stayed with the blue. nah, time for a change. :D

Anonymous said...

What ingredients in that recipe can't you get there? Just curious.

Robyn said...

karla, maybe you could make it for us when we come. :-) ha ha
Nice new look, Rhonda.

Rhonda said...

kendra, i can't get sour cream, whipped topping, orange juice concentrate or canned mandarins. i suppose i could find substitutes for all of those things, but it seems to me that if you substitute almost half of the ingredients, it might not be the same recipe. :) whaddya think?