Sunday, April 15, 2007

Answers that I'm sure you're waiting for (or not)

So, you all had some pretty good guesses about L’s vocabulary. I must say, Mom wins the prize for being pretty close to the right answer for the last one. I really didn’t think anyone would even be close.

“cubber” Cover: “Can you cubber me but don’t cubber my bear!!”

“lastaday” Yesterday: “We did that lastaday!!”

“sara” Sierra: “I’m going with Sara!!”

“be-my-gooz?” May I be excused? This one is so funny. I have had a conversation or 25 with her as follows:

Me: L, say “May”

L: May

Me: Say “I”

L: I

Me: Say “be”

L: Be

Me: Say “excused”

L: Excused

Me: Say “May I be excused?”

L: Be my gooz?

Me: (Nothing, because I’m laughing too hard.)

Also, this kid speaks in exclamation points. It’s really funny and very loud. At the dinner table, “Mom!! I’m happy you’re sitting with me!!” After playing outside, “Mom!! I was swinging!!” As we get ready to read a book, “We did that lastaday!!!” Let me tell you, she loves life, and has no regard for how that might affect our eardrums. Oh well, we’ll have lots of time to get over it later, when we’re crying about the fact that she left home. Makes me think of one of my sisters. :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute. =) aren't we glad God made toodlers?!

Jenni said...

that "be my gooz" is a winner!! thanks for sharing! and, grrrrr, i can't sign into my blogger account. it keeps saying incorrect password! what's up with that???

Jenni said...

oops, joke's on me. obviously i can now, when i enter my whole user name. brain cramp.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I have no words, but would you be my goose?

Basketcollector said...

These are memories for the history books! Cherish them!

Kim said...

hmmm... who could you be talking about? :)

Robyn said...

I can only assume you mean me since it is you and Matthew that bug me about my loud voice. :-) Oh well, at least I'll take the part about crying when I left home...or something.