*I had an excellant time scrapbooking from Friday evening to Saturday afternoon. There were 5 other ladies there and I enjoyed getting to know them better. I can't say that it was a very productive scrapping effort on my part, but still fun. And, even better, I felt refreshed as a mom! It was great to come home to my kids.
*We are having some more warm weather and rain. Maybe the cold is delayed? We can hope. :o)
*The nose piece (?) on my glasses is broken, so I tried to go order new glasses today. (This is the latest in a list of problems these glasses have had, but they have done their duty and are due to retire, so I guess it's ok.) Yes, I tried. The shop isn't open on Monday mornings. Oh well. I got to visit with Jocelyn all the way there and back, so that was the upside to that expedition.
*In church on Sunday we celebrated the 7th anniversary of Vision Valley. It was an encouraging service.
*I just skimmed through the book, "Letters Never Sent" and am feeling like I sent my emotions on a roller coaster ride that didn't include seatbelts.
*Yesterday we had a spontaneous BBQ after church and it was so yummy. We had sausage sandwiches and potatoes and vegetables. I love sausage with ketchup, mustard and onions. It only was missing some dill pickle relish. :o( I've officially requested a picnic table, thinking of Mother's Day, so we'll see what comes of that. :o)
*Tomorrow is yet another public holiday here in Madagascar. I think it's Labour Day. Our church is having the annual all-day church picnic, but M will be flying and I don't think I'm brave enough to do that alone. Maybe next year.
*M and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary on Wednesday. Sometimes I can't believe that 9 years have gone by, but then I think of all we've done and the fact that we have 4 kids. Then I believe. :o)
*I keep wanting to tell you all that I trust your judgement about who can read this blog. If you want to pass on the address to someone, go ahead. Just tell them that I'd appreciate it if they comment at least once. :o)
*Last night we played San Juan for the first time. It was fun, but I have a ways to go before I'll win.
*My yellow rose bush is still blooming and so are my 'Madagascar' plants. (You know them as poinsettias.) I'll try to take some pictures again soon.
*L is having mixed success in potty-training these days, but is still doing just as well (or better) as any of her sisters did at the same age.
*I drove with 2 friends to the scrapbooking event and we ate at a Morroccan restaurant on the way there. SO good. And, last week I got to go out for a friend's birthday and we ate at a Korean restaurant. Again, so good.
*That's all.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Nice to hear all you've been up to. Also good to chat today!
so good to hear from you again. Tell me more about "Letters never sent", sounds intriging. Who wrote it, etc.? You inspire me to get some of the classics and set aside a bit more time for reading. I've had a "wanna read someday" list for years!
thanks for the update! I think you should do a book review once a month for those of us that should do more reading but aren't sure what to get into. Just a thought. :)
thanks for the update! i feel informed. :-)
I like it when all you bloggers give these little snapshots of your lives. Thanks for sharing!
How I've missed you - I couldn't access your blog all week and it made me sad. sniff...
I always have good intentions of going to the library and checking out the books you recommend, but for some reason I don't get around to it. Maybe this one...
Post a Comment