Saturday, April 07, 2007

Winter has arrived, I think.

This morning when I got up (at 6), it was only 14 C. Shiver. I told the girls to cuddle under their blankets for awhile longer, and then we had oatmeal and hot chocolate for breakfast. Our fireplace isn't ready to make fires yet, but maybe if M has the energy today he can do that! (He left the house at 4 this morning, but should be back anytime now.)

Just a bit of trivia for you...I had been planning to do some kind of fun post to mark my 100th post, but I missed it. So I thought I'd do something for my 200th post. Well, apparently I'm not paying attention well enough, cause I just checked and this is the 203rd post. Ah well...

Take time to remember the real meaning of Easter! It amazed me in a new way this morning - Jesus is a true model of humility. I was reading about how they taunted Him while He was hanging on the cross. My prideful attitude would have wanted to at least wave a hand at them...He had the power to do that. He could have shown them that He was CHOOSING to be there. You know, to make the point. But He didn't. Wow. I have far to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have snow here! And it's actually supposed to be summer here - or at least spring. Oh well, whatchagonnado?

Robyn said...

Get this - when we woke up this morning it was 10C in the house!!! Daryl did something crazy to the thermostat last night. I will be in charge of turning down the heat tonight, thank you very much.

elise said...

The family went ice fishing today and it was cooold! The sun was out and the guys made a fire in a little cove on the shore so it helped block the wind. Fun was had by all but no one remembered to bring their camera to capture the fun!