Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chatty stuff

I wrote this Sunday evening, but didn't get it posted till now. Since then we've done more things around the house to get ready and had a lovely evening with friends. We all went out to eat (I had tiramisu for dessert!) and then came back here and played Bohnanza after the kids were in bed. Fun. Now it's back to real life. C is in school today so I hope to make hay while the sun shines...or whatever. :o)


Our girls are obviously very excited about our upcoming visitors, and it’s been funny to hear their thoughts on things. C is still unsure about Robyn traveling while being pregnant (because I had warned her a few months ago that things may change due to the pregnancy) and she is quite concerned that Robyn will have to give up her ticket to a lady that’s not pregnant. Poor girl. I told her yesterday that it’s not that way, but she remains skeptical. A thought that if we went to the airport to pick them up, we would have to fly somewhere to meet them. L is traumatized because the crib is not in her bedroom anymore and someone else is going to sleep in it!! I have a feeling that having Adrienne here will make L grow up a little. C is also worried about how we’re all going to fit in our truck and how I’ll cook for everyone.

I’m getting to the point now where I just want them to get here already! The guest room is ready, I have bagels, zucchini bread and cooked chicken in the freezer and what more do we need? (Don’t worry, I won’t make them eat those things all in one meal.)

We spent yesterday getting the guest room ready and then did a few other small things that needed to be done. I started getting a cold (from L and C, no doubt) and this morning I woke up with a sore neck, as well. We went to church in spite of all the snot that we have going on and shivered our way through the service. (I would guess it was about 18C, no sun, and a wind blowing through the tent. Just a little chilly for me.) This afternoon I got to take a nap and when I woke up I wanted to eat coconut cream pie. So, I made coconut cream pie. And a chocolate cream pie, as well, because M isn’t crazy about coconut. I must say that the coconut pie turned out to be all I’d hoped for. I made homemade pudding…YUM.

Tonight the girls went to bed so nicely (actually, L fell asleep while we were reading our bedtime story!) and M and I have enjoyed a nice quiet evening. Tomorrow is a holiday (Pentecost) and so M will be home all day! We are hoping to go out for dinner with friends, so that will be fun.

Of course we won’t be bored this coming week. I have quite a few odd jobs to keep me busy around here, and I’d like to stock the freezer with meat since that’s the thing that gets me to the grocery store almost every day. (I often go to the store with the intention of buying a lot of meat. Once I’m at the store I often don’t buy as much as I intended because there’s a fly crawling on the beef [I should just get over that], or the chicken looks like it’s been there for days, or there’s not as many steaks as I need or the smell of the fish department repels me, etc. In other words, I’m picky and therefore I go to the store a lot.) We have a bbq to go to on Friday night and there are two potential events for Saturday. All of that to say, I’m sure Sunday morning will be here soon!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad Sunday will be there soon! I kinda forgot that you have to do things to get ready for us too... :-)

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, did you make the bagels or buy them? I like hearing you chatty stuff. I need to do some chatting too on my blog. Right now I'm so tired form peeling logs that I just want a nap.

Anonymous said...

When has a post ever produced so many varied feelings inside of one person before? Well, it made me feel all of the following: happy, nervous, anxious, wistful, jealous, proud, happy II, longing to be there too, sad, excited....You get the point, don't you? Really, I'm so happy for all of you getting to be together and praying for all of you.