It’s Friday night already (!!!) and it’s been a busy week. M was gone from Monday morning till Thursday evening. We’ve been spoiled lately and haven’t had too many 3 or 4 night overnight trips, so this was reminiscent of our first year here. It went well, all things considered, just kept me busy! One discouraging thing was that S had another swollen bite on her foot, but PRAISE THE LORD it seems to be going away quickly. Some good things were that we even managed to go to a BBQ (just across the driveway) on Monday night and hosted homegroup as usual on Wednesday night. It makes the time go faster, that’s for sure. Thursday was a holiday here, so we had a more relaxing day, and Frank and Pauline had the day off. I cooked a big ‘welcome home’ dinner and we went to the airport to pick M up, which is always fun for the girls. Tonight we were invited to join our neighbours (and a few others) for a hotdog roast. It was fun and I love coming home smelling like a campfire. :o) Tomorrow we are invited to a birthday party, and I also have a lot of ideas of things that I’d like to get done. We’ll see how that actually goes.
I now have the DVDs and workbook for Beth Moore’s study called “Believing God” in my possession and am working on organizing a time to get a group of ladies together for that. I watched part of the first session and I am soooo excited to do this study. Can’t wait. Have any of you done a Beth Moore study like that? If so, I’d love to hear about it, and what you think makes it most effective.
Tonight all 4 girls are sleeping in the same room. L is so excited to be in the big girls’ room, and actually settled down fairly quickly. I’m going to be quite happy if this works out because it means that she doesn’t have to sleep in our bedroom when Daryl and Robyn are here. (Just as I was writing this, I heard S calling for me and discovered that L is happily playing on her bed…so, maybe I shouldn’t get too excited yet. On the other hand, she was still on her bed. That’s nothing to sneeze at.)
M is watching a hockey game that was downloaded from the internet. I’m struggling to accept the fact that this year there are numerous games to be had, but last year when
I was going through old e-mails and found this and have to share it with you. It’s from about Feb 2006, I think. Maybe it’s not funny if you don’t know her personality, but she is very sincere.
Aimee was playing with a plastic doll that has movable arms. She made the doll raise one arm and she said, “Look, this doll can say, good bye!” Then she raised the doll’s other hand, too, and said, “Or, God, God, I need your help!”

5 comments:
I remember when she said that and I think it's one of my favourite Slaubaugh girl quotes. :-)
way to go surviving the week! sounds like you're having fun. i remember that quot from A too. what a hoot!!
I did that Beth Moore study at Shiloh, and yup, it's a good one. However, I have no philosophical thoughts on what makes it good, but I'm sure you'll find ways to make it the most beneficial as you go along!
I did that study at the local YMCA and found it very challenging and inspiring. I didn't make it all the way through because it started at 9:00 a.m. and E was only a few months old at the time. I kept finding myself stressed out for a full 48 hours before the start time at the idea of having all 3 kids ready to be somewhere by 9:00 a.m. I did, however, listen to a lot of her stuff online. That girl can preach!
Sorry I'm so late with this comment but hope you still check back to this. I was a leader for this Bible study and I am serious it was one of the best I have ever done,(which isn't tons)Because i was a leader I had to keep up with the work book and I think that helps, it is a lot of work but worth it. I hope you enjoy.
Post a Comment