Dear Robyn,
There are a few things you might want to know before your trip to
First off, please don’t be jealous of my house helpers. Keep in mind that I don’t have a dryer, dishwasher, or a good vacuum cleaner, and that I do have dust, dirt, fleas and innumerable bacteria to keep away. (Just so you don’t worry, the fleas are successfully kept away right now.) Also keep in mind that I rarely get to have my house to myself. I’m not saying that I don’t appreciate them or realize that I have a good system going here, but just that we all have advantages and disadvantages in our lot in life.
Secondly, please prepare yourself to see an amazing mix of beautiful and sad things. This is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and it’s filled with some poor and hurting people. I love having flowers blooming all year long, eating fresh fruits and vegetables for pennies, and temperatures that are always above freezing. I can’t get used to seeing people with bent and twisted limbs that probably could have been surgically corrected at some point in their lives, or little children begging professionally. Just remember that God is here in the pain as well as in the beauty and that He may or may not nudge you to help someone.
Thirdly, you can’t imagine how excited I am to have you come visit us here. In so many ways this is our home now and it means so much to me to be able to show it to you. I can’t wait to show you our home, our yard, our church, the hangar, our friends, where we shop and go to school. I’m counting the days until you come and we can visit over a cup of tea or make a meal together or do a craft with our kids. (All 7 of them!!!) I hope we can find a good routine with our kids and keep them from getting tired of each other. This is going to give us so many good memories and I am so looking forward to it all!
And, lastly, can you bring me a few packages of safety pins in various sizes? Thanks.
Love,
Rhonda
P.S. Only 10 more days!!!

3 comments:
Rhonda, just read your last 5 blogs and realized you havent shown us a photo of your new glasses (well, "shown them", i've seen them and they are nice)jocelyn
p.s. 2 eprops
Oh Rhonda! Thank you for the letter. I don't think I need to say again how excited I am. See you soon!
i'm excited for you guys - and jealous! and i want to see your glasses too!!!!
Post a Comment