Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Random Tidbits

*The girls watched Sound of Music the other day. The next day I heard O singing "I am 18 going on 17..."

*We're in the home stretch of the countdown for Daryl's return. When he gets back, we're gettin' outta Dodge. Or something. We're heading out to the lake and then doing a day trip into the rainforest from there. After that, we're likely heading to Antsirabe for a night or two. Should be fun.

*Tonight we made Chicken Alfredo Pizza for supper. Last night we had BBQ-beef sandwiches and cake. Before that we had a different kind of cake. And before that, yet another kind. I think we've made 8 cakes since Robyn is here. Yikes. Time to get back to normal eating before I can't fit my jeans!!

*Gotta go. We're watching home videos...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...what all were the cakes? Any I should be trying? =) I need lots of ideas for when all our family and friends are here this summer! Tomorrow is Joe's 21 bday. He likes chocolate and pb and wants a cake so we're going to do wacky cake with pb frosting on top. (And a white wacky cake with reg frosting too since my True Love does NOT do pb on much of anything!) Good to hear form you again!

Anonymous said...

Sue made a fabulous chocolate cake for "my birthday"--sort of. It was a welcome home party for D and K, but then they surprised me and sang and put the cake in front of me! It had chocolate icing with ganuche poured over it and sprinkled with chocolate and toffee bits. Very yummy!

Anonymous said...

I made a chicken alfredo pizza recently that was absolutely scrumptious. I used a recipe for alfredo sauce and went on my own from there. I'm curious if I did it "right." Where did you find a recipe?