Wednesday, June 13, 2007

stuff

Just saying hi and how are ya? We're fine...it's been a quiet couple of days here at home base. M is gone (Tues to Thurs, as is normal every couple weeks) and Robyn and the girls are gone visiting Daryl for the same amount of time.

Today I found out that not only am I a "summer", I'm a "light summer." Who knew? I also found out that I wear a lot of colours that aren't good for me. Guess what? I'll probably keep on wearing them. Well, unless I win the lottery.

If you need to make hot fudge sauce, but don't have the right ingredients for your recipes, try this:
Dump a can of sweetened condensed milk into a glass measuring cup. Microwave it till it bubbles. Add a bunch of chocolate (preferably dark) and stir till melted. Add a little milk to thin it down. Yum. It works.

So, it's Father's Day on Sunday. What should I do about it? Got any good ideas for a procrastinator?

What's new with you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm coming over for ice cream TONIGHT! We could just make it a once a year tradition afterall.

Jenni said...

um, i'm a procrastinator too! how about a nice sunday dinner and his favorite kind of pie. (strawberry in Keith's case, but i just made that for our anniversary last week.) hmmm. keith is always pretty happy with a box of breton crackers and some extra-good cheese. I keep thinking of ordering him cds of the "vinyl cafe" (a comedy show on cbc) but i've never done it yet... so was that helpful? :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what I'll make for his dinner but dessert is always what he looks forward to anyway. Something really rich and cholatey. the more shocolate and calories the better....for him. Not for me, unfortunately. I mean I LIKE that stuff but, well, it sticks with me a little longer than it does him. If ya know what I mean. =) I'm rambling. I'm good at that lately.

Anonymous said...

good grief. It appears I can't type nearly as good as I ramble. =/