So, I've been in a blogging slump all the way around lately. I just haven't felt motivated to sit down and try to write something that you all will want to read. Now, in the interest of full disclosure (this pains me, but I do want to be honest), I have been somewhat sidetracked by Facebook these last few days. Ah yes, it's real name ought to be Facebook/crack. The thing that sucked me in is a geography game and I must beat Jocelyn. I must. :D Jocelyn, if you're reading, I'm going to get that mouse hooked up yet.
On to real life things...
I'm not celebrating my birthday anymore. M wondered how I manage to spread my birthdays over a day or 5 and I told him I don't know how that happens, but I see no reason for it to stop. :D It certainly makes growing old much less painful.
C has informed me that she's having a hard time deciding which country to get married in. If she marries Hugo, it could be the Netherlands, Madagascar or Canada. If she marries Daniel, then it will be South Africa, Madagascar or Canada. Although, she really wants to live in either Egypt or India, and maybe it would save time to get married in the country she will live in. Oh the choices on my 6-year-old's mind. Let me just say now that I'm not getting attached to the idea of living next door to my grandchildren!
Today was a gorgeous spring day and I spring-cleaned my bathroom.
I'm really hoping that some of you take up blogging again. I can't imagine that you're on Facebook, but maybe you have excuses from real life, not like some people.
S is on yet another antibiotic for her sinuses and is off of dairy. Well, ok, she's supposed to be off of dairy. I confess that my personality does not lend itself to strict things like that very well. We're working on it, anyway. Hopefully this will at least tell us what we're dealing with.
A and S are SOOOO excited about all the new school supplies that are labeled and waiting for the first day of school. (04.09) I hope and pray that this enthusiasm continues once they see their classroom full of children they don't know!
It's a little hard on C to not be getting ready for school and I wish that her Sonlight order was here to sidetrack her. Praise the Lord that He knows where it is and when it will get here!!
L has ceased to nap. She naps about once a week now and only if I lay down with her. This has led to some rather tense evenings and last night she even fell asleep at the table! Poor kid.
Ok, that's all I'm going to say for now. Let me know if you're still out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It sure is nice to read all your tidbits again. It says it was posted on 08/20, which would be last Mon. I just checked it this a.m. and it wasn't on then. Nice to hear that your spring is there with summer on its way. It's good to know that C has lots of time to change her mind, eh?
Good to hear from you!!! I wondered what was up...Facebook, eh? Hmmmm. We're going home tomorrow. Just so you know.
yup, still here. i do have "real-life" excuses for not blogging, but if you'll check, you will see a little tiny post from me with the promise of more to come soon. it's so good to hear what you all are up to! C cracks me up!!
WHAT? What did you put on my facebook? Something along the lines of "Don't stop blogging, I beg and beseach you!" Hello pot, I'm kettle, you're black. Except I'm not really because my lack of blogging has nothing to do with facebook because I alway listen to you. = ) (picture innocent, sweet smile)
Still here and happy for an update. I am not so impressed with Facebook and even less so now if it takes you away from your regular blogging duties.
I never really got the drift of facebook? Is it like regular blogs? Marriage huh? Well my eldest had the nerve to ask if I was ready to be a grandma....in 10 years he says well yea I had him when I was 23 so that would make sense huh? Scary tho!School supplies are so much fun I think I get as excited as the kids when we go buy them! Makes me anxious to scrapbook again! Only 200 pictures or so from our trip to New Mexico and Red Lake....
thanks for the 'mad props'. :) i was hoping the fam would find it as funny as i thought it was. :) and i guess this is against blog etiquette since i'm not even commenting on your post. sorry! :)
Hey... glad there was something new to read from you when I got home. I wish everyone would spend more time blogging and less time facebooking too.
Are you homeschooling?
Wow.... C has some serious stuff to think about, hey? I don't think my Z thinks about marriage decisions but he does have some pretty serious and intense concerns about life too.
Post a Comment