At our church there is always a brief devotional given before the offering. This morning, the man who shared said something to this effect: We all know that the Bible says, "Whoever sows generously will also reap generously." We will know that we've sown generously when we have given enough that we are left to depend on God.
What do you think? If you can back up your opinion with scripture, I'd appreciate it, but don't let that stop you from weighing in.
(Kirk, are you out there???)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Interesting wedding. Interesting thoughts. I have to give it some more consideration.
thinking...
You really have a tough one there girl...I'm thinking of going to some of our Crown Financial study stuff our church put each of the members thru....VERY good stuff!
About 30 years ago I felt strongly about that concept, so I gave it all away, and pledged more than I could possibly give. (It really wasn't that much). Among other things, God "taught" me, very clearly I think, that his provision of a job is really his provision, too. He helped me see that it's not more spiritual to try to force him to do it "supernaturally."
Your admiring dad
yeah, that sorta goes with what i was thinking... I think I should give so that it "hurts" as God directs me. I'm thinking specifically of giving what I would use for my "wants" that I don't really need. But, God has provided us with jobs and money. should we give away what we would have saved - for a vehicle for instance - and then ask God to provide when we need one? would God say, "um, I did provide and you gave it away."? proverbs talks about being wise and saving for the future, being like the ant and preparing for "winter". i think one important thing is to re-examine what our needs and wants really are so that we can give more. we really have so much!! i hope i don't sound like i have this all put together, because it is certainly a process in my life as well!!
Post a Comment