e*It’s bullet points again, my friends.
*I love our church here. It’s not always what I want it to be, but it’s always stretching me and making me think about looking for more of God.
*Even though it’s not fall here, there is some beautiful pumpkin available right now. In the last week we’ve had pumpkin pie (for our Thanksgiving dinner), pumpkin bars, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin bread. Watch for some of these recipes to appear soon on the Nisly recipe site. The pumpkin bars were a particularly impressive recipe.
*It occurred to me as I typed that last sentence that this is a good place for me to use the words regularly and particularly, because you can’t hear me say them! I avoid pronouncing those words whenever I can.
*I got a massage last weekend, and now I can’t stop thinking about going back to get another one.
*Did I tell you that I cooked an almost real Thanksgiving dinner last week for Canadian Thanksgiving? Including my favourite parts – stuffing and pie. :)
*This week should be a busy one, but I think a good one as well. Tonight I have the ladies coming for Bible Study, tomorrow M has the day off and we’re going into town together, Wednesday the girls have a friend coming to play, Thursday a good friend of mine is coming to scrapbook all day. Her daughter is coming along to babysit my kids. My kids adore her, so I’m sure we’ll all have a good day. Friday I normally have a French lesson, but this is the last week before our kids have a 2-week holiday from school, and on Friday morning they have a field trip to the Croc Farm. So I’m debating the two options: Do I let them go on the field trip without me? Do I cancel my French lesson to go? (That last option also means enduring yet another visit to the Croc Farm…it’s one thing to take people who’ve never been before. It’s entirely another to go with 20-some kids under 5.)
*I’ve had a headache most of the day today. Ugh.
*My kids got a hold of the scissors the other day, and let’s just say that you won’t see any pictures of what followed. Good thing that they started out with long hair, is all I have to say. It gave me a lot of opportunity to practise what I’m learning about controlling my tongue.
*Our MAF neighbours are in Canada right now (maybe I’ve mentioned that before?) and we miss them a lot. I even had a dream about Judah coming over to see me and give me a hug. Can’t wait to see them back again! (By the way, Jocelyn, if you’re reading this…your flowers and vegetables are looking great. I went over and had a look today and you’ll be very happy to see them.)
*Speaking of flowers and vegetables. My flowers are just crankin’ right now. I’ve got loaded rose bushes (the small-flowered climbing type), a couple of geraniums, and a variety of things that I don’t know what they are. I’ll take some pictures to post here soon. The second round of broccoli isn’t doing so well. It seems that it’s being eaten by something evil.
*I’m reading The Boxcar Children to the girls right now. C has read it to herself numerous times, but this is the first time for A and S to hear it. They love it, except for the fact that each chapter leaves something unfinished. That is almost more than they can stand. :)
*If the rumours are true, we should be getting our Sonlight order this week. I will be shouting hallelujah when that happens, you can count on that. You might even hear me.
*Just so you know, I’m so curious about who all reads this. Can you just say hi to me this once and then go back to silence again if it’s too painful? Or maybe you’ll like commenting…
*Gotta go. Two kids are in the tub and supper is not made and my husband will be home soon. (Uh, C just yelled down from the tub that she has washed her sister’s hair and I need to come get her out. Is that a good thing? I’ll know soon.)
*Just to make things a little more exciting over here, can you guess which bullet point is NOT true? C’mon, take your best guess.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
hi! i read your blog! :-) i'm hoping that the untruth in your post is either about your headache or the girls cutting their own hair!!
I'm going to pick the one about the girls cutting their hair. (Please, dear Lord, let that one be false.) And yes, I am reading. : )
I'm a faithful fan. And I too am hoping for your sakes...all of you...that the girls did not cut their hair. I hope you really did get the massage cause just the other day I was wishing for a professional one. Go ahead and get one for me.
Well of course I read your blog... What a way to get comments! :) I was going to pick the hair one, too. I guess I'm not as much of an original thinker as I thought I was. :)
Well Rhonda,
I am a blogging fan of yours!! I must apoligize for being a silent one!!! But I know you understand why!! Let me guess, I guessed before I read everyone elses comments, the one about the hair, or possible the one about not having supper made and matthew was coming home soon. hum? Are you like me? ha ha.. anyway, thanks for keeping up with your blog, I enjoy knowing what's going on over there!! Miss you guys so much!!
Well, we're all too smart for you. Obviously if the hair thing WERE true, you would be posting pictures! When I read it I thought, "Why wouldn't she post pictures? They would be so hilarious!"
If the hair one is true, can you pleeeze post pictures? :-)
My guess? You can actually pronounce "regularly" and "particularly" with ease.
Your old dad was here, and guessing the hair one too. Not because others did, of course. I'm horribly intimidated by joining the female posters, and hope that this doesn't do anything to my image that I'll regret. Actually, I'm proud of you and love reading your stuff.
of course i read your blog, silly. and...the hair better be a joke, b/c otherwise i'm terribly disappointed in you for not posting pictures!
this is bro-in-law -- read your blog all the time, i'll go with the majority on the hair story.
I read your blog and I'd have to say I vote the hair too, because I agree with Robyn, it would seem unlike you to not post pictures of such a thing.
I read your blog too! I like to know what its like living in another country without actually having too myself. I will guess the massage one, altho I really hope you got one!
oh, you are all SO smart!! the hair thing is false. thanks for being good sports and playing along. :)
Well, I guess I'm late in responding because the answer is already known but I was guessing the hair one too! Either that or the massage, or the pronunciation problem! I not only check you out here but on Facebook too. From here I usually wonder around and go to Robyn, then to Sabrina, then back to Jenni, then (you get the picture!) You can give up Facebook if you think it's shallow but don't give this one up! It's my link to too many places! hahahaha
okay, now i'm dying of curiosity. i'm sure i should know "ribbit98" but i don't. can you tell me who you are since you visit my blog and don't comment?? :-)
Here's your very late Mother dear. Of course I usually check your blog every day, but helping Robyn the past 5 days took care of that. I was hoping your headache was the lie. Too bad. I wonder what made you think about practicing holding your tongue if the girls actually cut their hair in a less than beautiful fashion!!!!
you are too funny! i immediately thought the hair one also....but guess you gave the secret away before I got a chance to read your blog or comment on it!! :-) it is always a joy reading your blog and ya know, as busy mom's we just don't always take time to comment! sorry about that...
jenni...ribbit98 lives in sioux lookout, does that help you figure it out? not sure about the protocol here - can i divulge someone's identity? :)
Hi Rhonda,
I pop in every now and again - and to comment on the previous post - we love homemade tortillas, too! Gotta say - they beat all..... the kids beg for them right out of the pan as well. As for the refried beans and salsa -we do that the easy way! :) Hugs.
Les
I'm sure I'm to late but Kendalls were here for 5 days so I didn't check in but I love your blog and miss when your on facebook:) sorry about being silent most of the time but we love and think of you guys a lot.
Twila
Hi! I occasionally read your blog too. =) And even comment once in a great while! Just returned from 5 days in Montenegro a little over an hour ago....so you should feel privileged that I've already checked your blog. =)
hi Rhon,
the girls and I went were in Red Lake the past two and half weeks, just got back on Sunday. I missed having my "favorites" to locate blogs, so I haven't been in to check up on you lately. But I'm back and do check to see what you and the fam has been doing. Hope you have a great week!!
Post a Comment