Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mystery flower


I don't know what this tree/shrub thing is, but I think it's amazing! It has these beautiful green leaves and these gorgeous, sweet-smelling white flowers. The buds were on the tree for about 2 months, then they bloomed but only lasted for a short time (2 days each, or less). The scent is so nice, almost perfume-like. I think they're all done for this year, so now I will look forward to the next time they bloom.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

google "gardenia plant/Madagascar" and scroll down to Sabrina's fact sheet. very interesting and pictures almost identical to yours. smell them often for me too, please.

Anonymous said...

Those look like the gardenias that my grandmother used to have in her yard. .. they smell fabulous! Janice

Rhonda said...

i'm so curious now...janice weber? (sorry, can't think of your married name, but would be so excited to know you were here!) weaver? peachey?

rachelslab said...

beautiful pictures Rhonda! wow.

Jenni said...

that's a beautiful flower. is it in your yard??

Anonymous said...

Rhonda...yup its me, and the married name is Yoder. I found your blog in some round about blog-hopping :). I've had a blast reading your posts. .your girls are so cute!! Janice

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!

Robyn said...

beautiful. I wish I had a bed of them to lay on. Wouldn't that be nice? Just a thought.