Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just let me know if you want more pictures

These are not in chronological order, but hopefully you'll get an idea of what we've been up to.

The angels in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". Can you spot C, A and S?

There's something about seeing little girls in angel costumes...

On our way to Mahajunga.

C bought this quilt kit on Amazon with her saved up allowance. It's a bunch of squares with tassels, and she needs to tie them all together!

C and Uncle Kirk

"Thanks for the new jumpers, Auntie Rachel!"

More beautiful scenery on the way to Mahajunga. I think this must be what Peru is like.

L and I hanging out in the pool. It was so hot there. I'd guess at least 35 C, but maybe more. We spent a lot of time in the water (both the pool and the ocean), but I don't have really good pictures of the ocean.

C is really into belly-flopping into the pool. She can make a tremendous splash. :)

A, S and Auntie Karla "being a team."

This coconut had the power to transport Kirk back to his childhood. :)

More scenery.

It's the "jump on Uncle Kirk until he tickles us" game.

Between swims it's nice to have a plate of crevettes sautees a l'ail to eat with your fingers. :) (that's shrimp in garlic butter)

The famous baobab in Mahajunga. It is a serious tree, people. Amazing.

We found an amazing Italian ice-cream place in Mahajunga. Here's L enjoying her mango cone. I think the colour looks less than appetizing on this picture, but I can tell you that it was some of the best ice-cream I've ever tried.

S had chocolate...

7 comments:

Jenni said...

oh man, i wanna come visit you! i want shrimp in garlic butter between swims too!! i'm glad you're having fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...shrimp in garlic butter and Italian gelato. . .yum!! Sounds like ya'll are having a blast :). Janice

Robyn said...

Anna-Christina says,"We like the pictures. Did you have fun with Uncle Kirk and Auntie Karla?"
Olivia says, "We wish you a merry Christmas!" :-)

Sabrina said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for the pictures and of course post more!

Angela said...

We still want to come visit too! Looks like you're all having fun.

rachelslab said...

Wow! Great pictures - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Robyn said...

More pictures, please. :-)