* We have had a busy week of getting back into school routine. (Schools here started up again on Monday.) So, A and S are back to school, C and I are trying to get homeschooling routines going again, and we have swimming lessons, girls' clubs, and art lessons. Oh, and my French lesson. So, it's been a full week. The girls love all the activity and it sure makes them sleep well! Once again, I will say that I am SO grateful to not be doing that morning school run!
*It's been a hot week, too. I think we should go to the pool today after church. :)
*Jenni had her baby!! And I love her new blog title. :)
*I got some pictures printed yesterday, so C and I did some scrapbooking. It was so much fun. I'm still doing the pictures of our time in Canada in 2006. Good memories!
*M had a small motorcycle accident this week and hurt his foot. It's pretty sore and swollen, so he's been taking it easy.
*By the way, original title for this post, eh?
*The other day I heard myself saying, "Don't eat pieces of the walls!" There are just things in motherhood that no one prepares you for and that was one of them. Wow.
*Also, there has been some discussion on another blog about how loud and active boys are. That is true, I'm sure. Let me just add this: A and S have pushed a mattress off on to the guest room floor (upstairs, for those who care) and are totally into wrestling. Totally. It's hilarious, actually, and they are so far very good sports about it. (I have very little tolerance for rough play and then dramatic crying when someone gets hurt. If you're going to play rough, then act tough.) But they have been laughing so hard while doing whatever to tackle the other one. So, just so you all know, it's not all tea parties and hair bows around here. :)
Got to run...more later.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Could we see some pictures of a wrestling match?
Pieces of the walls? Outside where you took your picture or your inside walls? A mother never knows, I guess.
thanks for updating. :) i never responded to your other comment, but yes; we do need to get back in touch. we're not usually on skype but we could easily plan something i'm sure!
Yeah, I kow girls can be loud. I have 2 of them remember? They really aren't TOO much different than the boys when they're little. Although now Andrea is certainly more content than the 2 older boys to sit and read for HOURS if I let her.
I like your "If your going to play rough, then act tough" line. I might use that one today. And tomorrow. And the next day. And...
The problem here is that not all boys muscles are created equal yet.
The pool?!? It's -25* today!
i must say I used you saying today!!! "if you're gonna play rough then act tough"!!! oops...I forgot to quote you when I said it!! but my boys did look at me amazed!!! I love reading your blog and your day to day happenings and your honesty!!! You're an awesome mommy!! and congrat's on being an aunt again!!
I have to say that I didn't make up that line, but read it somewhere from a mom who was talking about this very subject. Glad it's so useful for you all. :)
Post a Comment