Monday, April 21, 2008

Update/prayer request

Just a quick update on Mr Frank for those of you that are wondering about him. He's still in the very bad hospital, the surgery may be pushed off until next week, and he's doing poorly. He's still in a small room over the foul-smelling morgue with 5 other critically ill people and all their visitors, sees a different Dr every day at his once a day visit, and is constantly awakened by the slamming door. The Dr wants a pay-off to move the surgery date sooner, Frank's son is blown away by the generosity of those of you who have sent money, my girls are sad and missing Mr Frank, and I'm mad at the whole system here. Mme Pauline went to the hospital yesterday to visit him, and was appalled. So, if you wanted something to pray for, there it is. And most of all, I'm praying that his heart is right with God. (Something we've never really discussed.)

And, you'll forgive me, won't you, if I don't deal very well with complaints about North American health care for awhile? Thank you.

3 comments:

Rita said...

we'll keep praying for Mr. Frank and his family...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Rhonda. We will keep praying...wisdom, peace, justice, salvation, action, God's will, etc. And no, we should not complain, should we?

Robyn said...

We will pray for Mr Frank. Olivia thinks maybe he's sick from all the dust in your house.

I'm glad for someone who will appreciate the health system here. I know it's not all peachy, but after being over there, and seeing things from "the other side" for a few years now, I get tired of people's complaining about Canadian health care...