I let the girls listen to the Radio Theatre CD of The Magician's Nephew yesterday during their quiet time. Later in the day I was asking them how they liked it. A says, "How did that boy climb over the fence?"
Magic rings, other worlds, traveling through time, meeting Jadis the witch. And she wants to know how a boy climbed over the fence???
I give up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well give her some credit. She knew the other stuff was impossible in real life. But now climbing fences....that info may come in handy someday in our world.
I'm back. I was laying in bed this morning and for some reason my thoughts turned to A's question again. (Maybe cause it's Sat. morning and I still associate listening to stories with Sat. morning even though we don't do it here.) Anyway, this was my thought...what if she heard thepart about him climbing over the fence and got stuck right there trying to figure it out and completely missed the rest of the story. Wouldn't that be sad. You'll have to ask her for me if she heard the rest and then by all means let her listen to it again. =) And by the way, he climbed over a wall, not a fence, right? It does make one wonder....how?
Ok...I'm off to bake piles and piles of cin. rolls and supervise my slaves cleaning my house.
Too funny! It is interesting that that part is what would stick out to her in that entire story. But it does make you wonder...
Rhonda, it is SO strange that you posted about the Magician's Nephew, because the very day your girls must have been listening to it, I was reading it for the very first time in my life so it was such a coincidence to see your post about it the next day!!!! And it gave me a new perspective on it as well! Hahah I hadn't even THOUGHT about the fence part, but now that A brings it up... it is a very interesting queery!!!
Anyway, I am so sorry I have not commented on your blog until now but I have turned over a new commenting leaf so will comment more often. I have still been reading regularly, and even i don't type much, i do pray much, and will continue to do so!
Hope you're having a good week,
Rebecca
Post a Comment