Monday, July 14, 2008

Long Overdue...Carnival

The girls had their Carnival concert at school back in February. I didn't have a camera that day, so my friend H took pictures and I only got them yesterday. (Yes. I procrastinate.) I must confess that I'm showing off a little, since I want you to see the costumes I made. And my cute kids. :) But most of you know that I am not really a sewing kind of person, since that requires accuracy. Guess what? If you make it up as you go along, accuracy isn't so important. :D Anyway...


S, the snail. (Margot l'escargot) They made their masks at school.


A, the caterpillar. (Camille la chenille)


A, and her friend the ladybug. :)


The caterpillar can dance. Actually, this caterpillar loves to dance.


The snail's shell.


If only all creepy-crawlies were so cute...

8 comments:

Rita said...

I agree! How totally cute they are and what original costumes. You sure picked good colors for the snails shell!

Jim said...

Great costumes! What a great looking bunch o' bugs! ;)

Jenni said...

i'm so impressed with your sewing!!! and the girls are very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute little buggers, they are. And good job with the creative sewing...they turned out great!

rachelslab said...

very impressive and cute! loved the pics.

rachelslab said...

I realized after I posted that how unoriginal it was and how I used the same adjectives as Jenni. I humbly apologize and ask that you find it in your heart to forgive me. The costumes are fabulous and the girls are charming.

Robyn said...

I would brag too, if I could sew. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

great job with the costumes! and need i repeat the masses? those are some cute kids.