Sunday, July 13, 2008

the things they say

Child: I know something very important.
Me: What?
Child: Hair and voice. If you don't have hair, you can't see if you're a boy or girl. And if you can't hear your voice, you don't know if you're a man or woman. So, if we had no hair or voice, men might accidentally marry men. That would be awful!
Me: (thinking) Haven't I explained things better than that??

***************************************

L had a hair in her mouth while we were at the grocery store, but I couldn't find it to take it out for her. Later I asked her if she got it out. She said, "A tortoise came in and ate it." Get it? The tortoise and the hair? I'm not even sure if she got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow i think i know exactly which one said that. :) your kids crack me up (in case you didn't know that)!

Jenni said...

that's hilarious! happy teaching. :-)