I'm online! Maybe the twitching will stop soon... (ha ha...that's a joke...I've been doing fine...mostly...)
Our trip from Madagascar to Paris:
*When we arrived at the airport in Tana, there was a very long line for checking in. After a few minutes, a wonderful lady came and escorted us to the front of the line! (Have I mentioned that Malagasy people have wonderful attitudes about kids?) Then when we were in the security/passport line, we got moved to the front again!
*I got a window seat and got to see beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
*The girls slept a lot and watched movies when they weren't sleeping.
*When the seatbelt sign went off, S loudly asked, "Can we smoke now?"
Paris:
*We saw the Eiffel Tower...it's beautiful.
*One of the most shocking things to us was that it stayed light so long in the evening!
*We spent a surprising amount of money to take the train into Paris to see the tower, and then got on a wrong train on the way back to our hotel. It was exhausting and slightly scary, but it all worked out. We collapsed into our beds and slept soundly!
Paris to Toronto:
*We ended up on Air France, which was a first for that leg of the trip (it's been Air Canada before). It was the girls' first time on a 747 and they found that exciting. I found it exciting because they could watch movies again. :) (Why can't Air Canada have those lovely little screens?)
*Landing in Toronto was very surreal. M and I both had a hard time believing we have really come to the end of our first term and are back in Canada!
*We were met by Pam and Greg (two MAF colleagues) and all of our luggage arrived with us.
Indiana:
*Jet-lag followed us. The kids kicked it very quickly, M did pretty well and I think I'm just now getting past it. (Erin, I think I say kicking jet-lag because of you. :)
*It was great to see so much of both sides of our family! I couldn't believe how blessed our kids are...so many fun cousins to play with!
*We finally met Dave and look forward to getting to know him better sometime when there's less going on! :)
*I decorated the cakes for the wedding. Hmmm. Let's just say I'm a little out of practise.
*Dave and Rachel's wedding was beautiful...inside and out. There was a good amount of wonderful Mennonite singing, which did my heart good. The girls enjoyed the whole event and were very sorry when it was over...they thought Auntie Rachel looked like a real princess. (They were right!)
Now, back in Guelph:
*We left IN yesterday and drove a few hours, then got a hotel for the night.
*Tomorrow we will be in the MAF-C office most of the day.
*Thursday we have our medical appointments.
The future:
*Lord willing, we will be in Red Lake by Sunday night. My sisters (and assorted hangers-on) will all be at my parents' place by then and I'm excited about that. :)
Odds and ends:
*The girls have been fighting the beginnings of colds, and I thought we might avoid the worst of them. I'm becoming more sure that S has another sinus infection, and A and L are coughing a lot. (In fact, L threw up this evening from coughing so hard. :(
*When we've crossed the border, my girls are very nervous about being thrown in jail. (I want to laugh, but they are not joking.)
*We got to see so many people at the wedding! It was fun to reconnect with people from times past.
*The three younger girls are already asking to go home to Madagascar....
That's all for now! I hope that we will get our computer soon and then I'll be able to put pictures up.
That's all for now!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
we are so glad you are safe and sound and hope that you have a wonderful stay in the U.S. and Canada!!! thanks for updating us! I was wondering how you were and how Rachel's wedding went. We would have LOVED to have been there, but we were on vacation. If you guys get anywhere close to us while on furlough, let us know, and we'll try and get some family together!! I had to laugh when you said the girls were ready to go back home!!!
Hooray for an update! I somehow didn't realize all that was happening before you get to Red Lake. Sounds like quite a whirlwind!
Wow. . . sounds a bit exhausting! Glad ya'll had a safe trip, and I hope the safe traveling continues and your girls stay healthy!! Our boys got sick on our last car trip and it was not a very pleasant experience :). Janice
Glad to hear your travels have been safe so far. Have lots of fun with your sisters!
Ooops. guess i should have checked your blog before writing that we were waiting with baited breath for your first home assignment entry (obviously we werent checking to see if there was a new entry every hour! :-D )
Glad to hear everything went well on the flights over. Was it nice to overnight in France? Would you recommend it? :-)
I read this earlier but haven't had time to leave a comment. I'm still laughing at the smoking comment. Hilarious. See you again, soon. Wow.
Robyn
oh it's good to read up on you and all the ahappenings. Love the Paris photos. Totally relate to many things you wrote about, including the question of why Air Canada does not have little screens.??/
erin
Post a Comment