Friday, December 05, 2008

Last installment of trip pictures. :)

This, my friends, is a photo of a momentous occasion. I soundly beat these two gentlemen in the game of Risk. And it was fun. FUN. :) (To all my girlfriends out there: please don't be hating me because I like to play Risk. We can still be friends, right?)

Have I mentioned that I loved being with Mayah? Don't you love the slack-jawed sound sleep? :)

We spent the weekend after Thanksgiving with Matthew's Miller family (I have a Miller family, too, so we have to specify). Aunt Mattie, Aunt Fran and Aunt Beth generously gave all of the kids Christmas presents, and they were happily received. :)

We got to see our friends, Gerd, Tanja and Fanilo in MI. It was great to see people from Mada, but it seemed kinda funny to see them out of context. :) It snowed like crazy that day, so the kids had fun playing outside. I had fun enjoying the beauty of it from inside. :)


We spent the last night of our trip at Matthew's brother Sheldon's house. This is how our van looked when we left for the drive to Red Lake. Can you say Beverly Hillbillies? All we needed was a live animal tied on somewhere...

2 comments:

Paula said...

Aww! Enjoyed all of the pictures! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time and made lots of great memories. (Now the fun of scrapping all of it!!!)

Thanks for sharing! Love you!

rachelslab said...

If you would have tapped a moose on the drive up to Canadia, you could have strapped that to your van. That would have completed the picture quite nicely. Sorry to hear about your dad's finger and the girl's health issues! Can't wait to see you in about 2 weeks or so!!!! YEAYYY!!!!!