Sunday, January 25, 2009

Around my garden (edited for mom)

these aren't tomatoes...so what are they?

my bougainvillea (not sure which i'm more pleased about: it's blooming, or that i spelled bougainvillea without using the dictionary :)

poinsettia (bush? tree?)

the next batch of bananas coming along

something pretty and shiny that i don't know the name of...

the flowers on my bottlebrush tree

a yellow flower that i don't know the name of (are you sensing a trend? because you should be)


this picture and the next are right beside each other


a vine that i was hoping someone might be able to identify. because? i don't know what it is. :)

7 comments:

Jenni said...

sigh. does it make the jet-lag a little bit worth it? :-)

Rita said...

I'd vote for a bit of identify from top to bottom! Hope you're feeling better. --mom

Rita said...

how about "identifying"

rachelslab said...

wow - beautiful! Happy January, eh? = )

Rita said...

thanks; i guess i could have known that from what you said earlier about having your readers help you identify things. is the top yellow thing an edible fruit or do you really not know?

NomadatHeart said...

Thanks for identifying for me too!! Well, at least some of them. It's really been cold here in Pa. The kids are out sledding. :o) Enjoy your little corner of the tropics for me too!!

Robyn said...

I'm feeling sentimental. When I saw your yard I right away could taste tuna salad sandwiches and potato chips. :-)