Sunday, January 18, 2009

this and that, the Sunday edition

*We had one of the worst jet-lag nights ever last night. I dozed off at about midnight for about 30 minutes and didn’t sleep again until about 5. :( The kids were awake a lot between 2 and 5. Matthew was awake a lot, too. It can only get better. Right?

*Because C woke up at 2:30ish and didn’t go back to sleep before church, she and I stayed home together. She slept one hour between 10 and 11 this morning and has been going strong ever since. The others had a delightful time at church.

*I haven’t unpacked my sandals yet, but once I do I will be outside taking pictures of my flowers. There is a beautiful vine growing up my back wall and I can’t identify it. I hope one of you will know what it is! :)

*Coming back here feels like starting over with a clean slate in a lot of ways. Our routine, for instance, is blankly staring at us, but for the girls and I it’s largely up to us how we organize it. It’s a little scary and a lot exciting to brainstorm about how to make things work.

*Mr Frank stopped in this afternoon, looking quite well. He visited for awhile and just as I thought he wasn’t going to ask for a job, he did. Well. I don’t know what to say. I asked him to come back Wednesday for an answer, so maybe by then I’ll know what to say. I’m pretty sure the answer will be no. (The hang-up is that his sons owe me money...I’m not going to make a big issue out of it, but hmmmm.)

*My girls are currently playing some imaginary play that requires them to talk in sort of a half-British-half-Australian accent. I wish I could do accents like they can.

*I’m off to see if anyone wants to play Blokus.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

aaaa. new colors! to go with your new routine??

i want to play blokus...

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear your home. Thanks for takeing time to stop at our house,we loved it alot.
Hope your sleep straightens out soon.
Twila