I posted this on Facebook where it's very fashionable to do so. :) Some people couldn't see it, so I'm posting it here. There were just 25 on Facebook, but I've added a few more here. It reminds me of the conversation in Little Women where Amy says to Laurie, "Selfish people always like to talk about themselves." :)
1. I’m the oldest of 4 girls.
2. I have four daughters.
3. My sisters only have girls.
4. I grew up on a native reserve in NW Ontario...
5. ...we used boats in the summer and snowmachines in the winter...
6. ...I thought riding in a car was very exciting.
7. My grandma raised 15 children, which makes her my hero.
8. My favourite dessert is peanut butter pie.
9. I hope that someday I can get back into fishing, camping, canoeing, etc.
10. I want to own a miniature cow someday.
11. And I’d like a few chickens, too.
12. And a garden.
13. I hate fashion and I hate being told what I should wear.
14. I love shoes, but don’t always know which shoes are in style. (see #13.)
15. Cooking and baking and feeding people are some of my favourite things.
16. Scrapbooking is my biggest creative outlet.
17. I can speak French, but only dream of being fluent.
18. I am not musically talented and I can’t wait to get to heaven, where I will be able to make beautiful music.
19. I have a very patient husband.
20. I’m very proud of my husband’s abilities as a pilot.
21. I miss my sisters every day.
22. I cry when I arrive in Canada and I cry when I leave.
23. I love eating fresh fruits and vegetables all year round.
24. I love chocolate, but I would probably choose a bag of Lay’s chips over most chocolate.
25. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I want to leave, but am scared I’d lose touch with too many people.
26. I look forward to being a homeowner someday.
27. Yesterday I bought a birthday present for Matthew from a lady on the side of the road. It was a spur of the moment purchase, but I'm so excited about it that I can hardly stand it. Odds are that I won't be able to wait till his birthday to give it to him.
28. I'm very tempted to use this list to make statements about what I think of people because I could disguise them as random facts about me.
29. I need to go because I have hotdog buns rising and they need to be baked.
30. Today I've made pear/applesauce, hotdog buns and cinnamon rolls. We're having guests for lunch and going to a bbq for supper, so the cooking isn't done. Good thing there's #15, eh?
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
#22 If I ever stop crying when I leave Cananda I'll cry because I stopped crying because that will mean the memories are dead -will never happen. So bittersweet
I miss you too.
oh! What did you buy Matthew?? can you tell me?
One of my favorite things to do is eat your food!
# 18 - Couldn't agree more! I think Heaven is going to be better for people like us. = )
# 26 - agree again! Oh how I long for the day.
The one about posting thoughts about other people as random facts is very amusing to me. I'm thinking of all the possibilities.
Thank you for your list. My life feels much more complete now that I have read this, after trying to long and hard on facebook to see it. ahhhhhhhh
I wish I could be fed by you. :)
Rachel & I thank you! :) ~SH
i want to do #9 with you guys! some day!
Post a Comment