Here's a gecko for you. After I wrote that we had so many babies, I stopped seeing the babies altogether. This is an adult that's maybe 4-5 inches long. The babies are much cuter. That adults stay on the walls, though. :) I'll probably never convince some of you that they really aren't a big deal, but they aren't. :)
Larissa stayed home with Caitlyn and me on Sunday morning when Caitlyn was sick. She was bored, so I made her some new playdoh. As you can see, she found it quite exciting.These last pictures were also taken on Sunday. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and I wish that the pictures captured it a little bit more. These are all taken from one of the doors in the living room, looking out to the side of our house. The top one is to the left of the garden, the middle one is, well, the middle, and the bottom picture is to the right side.


This morning some painters showed up to paint my kitchen. :) I was a little surprised by that, in spite of the fact that we got a phone call last night to warn us. The last day they were here, they left in the middle of scraping off the cracking plaster and paint from the ceiling, so I thought there was quite a bit more work to do before painting. Silly me. So, they (and Mme Pauline) hauled anything that isn't nailed down outside (except the fridge) and I have been banished from the kitchen. We ate lunch at our neighbourhood Indian restaurant, and I have no idea what we'll do for supper. Fortunately, I think I can still get to the cereal for breakfast. :)Yesterday I tried my hand at making grape jelly. My friend Heather made some and raved about how good it was and how easy it is to make. I found some gorgeous grapes for sale by the road yesterday, so I bought a lot. Well, let's just say this: what I ended up with is sort of a chewy-grape-fruit-leather-in-a-jar sort of concoction. It tastes great, but it's not spreadable, which I understand to be a key element of most jellies. The dumb thing is that while I was making it, I thought that it was too much work for a little bit of jelly. Now that it didn't turn out (I think I boiled it too long), I am bothered and want to make more to prove that I can do it. Duh.
And now I'm off to tidy up around the ship. (Know what movie that's from?)

8 comments:
Okay, you probably get tired of hearing me say this, but I'm so happy that I can picture your yard. I can just smell it when I see photos... I'm just so glad that we came when we did. Anyway, I'm sorry your jelly didn't turn out. What are you going to do with it? Seems like there's some way you could salvage it. Can you slide it out of the jar and slice it for crackers or something? You may have invented something new... :-)
Actually, considering the frigidness of the locales of your readers, those pictures definitely convey that it was a beautiful day!! And I think your fruit leather stuff sounds really yummy.
you're right, you won't convince me that the geckos are okay.
larissa is so cute!
and i don't know what movie your quote is from. jonah??
Shall we declare a day of mourning that we're not scrapbooking at Stormer this weekend? = (
Have a great day! = )
I had a friend who had a batch of raspberry jelly that somehow didn't turn out. She figured out that if she heated it up, it made a delicious sauce for ice cream or other desserts. Do you suppose this leathery stuff would liquify with heat? Just a thought. You were brave to try it. What a sticky mess jelly making can be!
I tried to make wild currant jelly at Grassy one time - without Certo, as I was on a "nature" kick back then. Anyhow, it got too hard, so I threw it out the back door. Later Marvin wondered what was wrong with our dog, Heidi. She was shaking her head and couldn't get her mouth open! He had to help her by reaching in to scoop out some of the gunk with his fingers!
Melva
What movie is that line from???
my quote wasn't a verbatim quote, but it is from veggietales' jonah. when jonah meets khalil he makes a comment about him tidying up around the ship. for some reason i always say that now. :)maybe because cleaning up a ship sounds more interesting that cleaning up my house. :)
Post a Comment