Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Matthew arranged for the Reach team to come and watch the girls while we went on our curfew-influenced lunch date for Valentine's Day. Two of the team are out in the bush, but the other 4 came over and had lunch with the girls and then baked cookies. This is the happy sight we came home to. :) Happy because the girls (and Judah, who had joined in) were very excited about such fun with their beloved and much admired Reach team. Happy because someone else had made a big mess with my kids. Ha.



Courtney is my cousin's daughter, so we feel very privileged to have a real-live-cousin here. :) Caitlyn finds it very exciting. (To be honest, she finds everything the Reach team does to be very exciting. She said so yesterday while overcome by the sheer wonder of such an amazing day.)

I wish I knew what she's thinking...

There were sprinkles everywhere!!

I love how he's not actually looking at the cookie or the sprinkles. :) I think one of the girls was talking to him.



They also made monster cookies with Valentine's M&Ms that I brought back from Canada. I think that babysitters that bake cookies are the best kind. :)

Oh yeah, Matthew and I had a very nice date, and thoroughly enjoyed having a meal without small people talking our ears off. (Not that that isn't refreshing, in its own way.)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

wow! maybe i'll have to try that next year! get a babysitter to do the cookies while we go out to eat! you're so brilliant!

rachelslab said...

That's so cool! Maybe some day when Caitlyn grows up she could have the sheer joy of leading an all together exciting REACH life. wowee!! Glad you could go out.

Anonymous said...

Looks fun and yummy! And the date sounds really nice too. Wonder if we could convince a reach team to come to PH?

Rhonda said...

iris! you should try it. :) think of how big your kids church could be with all those helpers. :)