Monday, March 02, 2009

No Photos

The days are gradually getting shorter, and until yesterday I thought maybe that the weather was cooler. I guess that overall trends would show the weather cooling off, but it was HOT again yesterday. Of course, being in church with a little girl on my lap doesn't make things seem any cooler. :)

Yesterday our church celebrated the 9 year anniversary of the church, as well as the faithful, visionary leadership given by the pastoral couple during that time. Next week's service will be the handover to the new leadership...another South African couple, that we have yet to really feel like we know. (All I really know is that they have 5 boys, ten and under. :)

This weekend I was on a muffin baking kick. I made oatmeal/date, carrot and banana muffins. We ate our fair share while they were fresh, but I froze a lot for breakfasts and school snacks. The carrot were by far the most popular, and for good reason. I love finding recipes like that!

We have a house guest since Saturday, and she'll be staying till next Monday. A lot of the time, she will be on trips with MAF because she's a journalist for MAF-UK, so we won't see her a lot.

Today is the third time that our group is meeting for the Bible study on Esther. It's another Beth Moore study with DVDs, and I enjoy that format a lot. I'm struggling to absorb all of the things that have been going through my mind during these few weeks of study. It's making me long to become more mature in my faith, more single-minded, more faithful in my work, less conscious of what people around me think and more aware of God's hand in my life. And that's only after the first two weeks. :) I've also got a lot of thoughts swirling around about Christians and fashion, modesty, appearance and such things, but they are much too "swirly" to get them down on paper.

Aimee has been saying the cutest things lately, and I've been failing to write them down. :( The only one I can remember is a conversation we had while looking at the world map. I was pointing out Canada and Madagascar and several other things, when she very innocently and sincerely asked, "Where's Heaven?"

Our (recently-purchased-on-furlough) computer has had some health issues in the last week. :( Matthew was able to fix it, but in the process we lost some photos. Fortunately, we back things up fairly often, so we didn't lose too many, but still! It makes me sad. One thing he was able to save was our in-progress newsletter. Whew. I would have been a little grouchy if I'd lost all of that work! Anyway, hopefully it's all fixed now and we can move on. Computers are such a mix of good and bad, aren't they?

Alrighty, time to go make some pancakes for lunch. :)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

1. it's so good to hear some of the daily stuff from your side of the world. how is the unrest around you? are you going about business as usual now?

2. i like the idea of a muffin binge. hmmmm.

3. and i want to hear your thoughts on fashion/modesty/etc.!!! don't tease us! :-)

4. go, aimee!

5. bad computer. bad, bad!

Rita said...

Aimee's quest for knowing where heaven is brought tears to my eyes. Wouldn't it be great if everyone asked that in an honest search!
I'm glad your summer isn't over with yet.
We keep praying for the political situation there, so keep us updated when you can.
Is the B.Moore study whats making you think about the fashion, etc., stuff?

Robyn said...

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I am wondering if Beth M covers some of those issues in relation to Esther.
??

Anonymous said...

As soon as those thoughts are less "swirly" I'd love to hear them!