Today in our Bible study, Beth Moore talked about fears. How appropriate for this time in our lives...living in a country in crisis! I am firmly convinced that it is God's perfect timing that has us doing this Bible study at this time, because each week I feel like it speaks to me and my feelings about the crisis.
It's very difficult to know how to blog right now. Should I blog about common, everyday things? Or should I attempt to blog about the crisis?
We are enjoying the peas from the garden...one tasty handful at a time! They are some of the best peas I've ever had. :)
Tonight we've been told to stay at home. In no uncertain terms. I feel safe at home, so that's good. But it's always a bit unnerving to be told to do so.
Caitlyn and I like to play a card game called Borderline. We have the Africa edition, and tonight when we were playing, she put down a card and said, "Republican of the Congo." I giggled inside, because "Republican" of the Congo sure does leave me with a different mental image than "Republic of the Congo." :)
As I was putting Larissa to bed tonight, I lifted her up and made a comment about how big she's getting. She made a joke about weighing 100 lbs, and I said she didn't weigh nearly that much. She must think 100 lbs is about at the upper limit, because she said, "Who weighs 100 lbs? Jesus? A monster?" More inner snickering. :)
Ye olde ADD has kicked in, so this is the end of this blog entry.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So good to hear from you. As always. I llike hearing about both normal life and about the other not so normal things about your life right now. I pray that your compound will continue to be a safe haven for you. ANd that God keeps speaking to your heart, in just the way you can hear and accept.
PS. I'd love to eat a hanful of those peas. I love fresh garden peas.
we'll take anything you want to tell us!! we love you!
hahaha. I wonder if the republican of the Congo weighs 100 pounds. Your kids are so great. and adorable and such. Good to hear from you.
nice way to end my travel day!
Post a Comment