We finally have confirmation that we are heading to Uganda! It's been a tense couple of days since we were also waiting on several other things, but I had several reminders that we never look back and see that God really messed things up, so I didn't panic. :) (Ok, it was close a few times, but I didn't. :)
All MAF staff have been waiting on visa renewals as well as the extension for our 'accord de siege' for our NGO agreement. Our visas expire at the end of March, and so until today it seemed quite likely that even if the Uganda trip fell through, we might have to leave so as not to be here illegally. It does seem that the visas will come through today, because they got the stickers they needed. Yup. It was all about stickers. :)
On Monday morning, Matthew called me to say, "Do you want to go to Uganda?" I said yes right away! I've never been to the mainland of Africa, so this will be a completely new experience and I'm looking forward to it.
The Madagascar programme is very slow right now, due to the crisis. The Uganda programme seems to be very busy. We have visa issues. They could use a plane and pilot. So, the plan is this: Matthew will fly MKE (one of the planes here) to Nairobi on Saturday morning. The girls and I will fly to Nairobi on Air Kenya on Saturday afternoon and meet him there. We can't fly with him over the water, so that's way we have to go that way. We will stay in Nairobi one or two nights, then all of us will go together in MKE to Uganda. We will be there at least 4 weeks, and possibly as long as 8 weeks.
I feel like a real MAF family now, what with the crisis and now an adventure like this. :D
So, today has been a day of making lists, thinking about how to leave our house, and asking questions about what we need to know/bring for Uganda. Whew. :)
Any questions?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yeay! Good to hear the news! That is really exciting!! I think you don't know the answers yet to my questions such as where you'll be living and if you'll have internet and will the girls go to school and can we meet you there?? I mean, it's a little closer than Mad. right? I hope it all works out wonderfully for you guys!
I love it that this fell on International Night: Madagascar in the Esh household. Our whole family will be praying for all of you. Sounds like an exciting adventure. . .take it all in!
I already gave you my long list of questions on Skype. So now you can see how many of those you actually have the answers for! =)Rachel added a good one though, can we meeet you there? She's right, Uganda is closer than Mad. Hmmm. Wish it was that easy.
wow! i'm glad you're excited about this new adventure. do you know where you'll be living? will you have internet access? (the real important question.)
oops, i just saw that rachel asked the same thing. can you tell we're sisters? :-)
Blessings, we'll be praying too. It prabobly feels like when we got invited to go to the bush while living in RL?ha. Have fun.
Twila
Post a Comment