Reading:
The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis)
Have a New Kid by Friday (Yes, still. I’d love some feedback on how you put this into practice in your family if you have read it.) (Dr Kevin Leman)
Enjoying:
A cool, rainy Easter day
Grilled cheese sandwiches with yellow cheddar cheese
My watercolour “lessons” from a book
The memories of the fun we had at the zoo yesterday (in Entebbe)
Feeling:
Homesick for Mada and my friends there
Happy that we’re making some new friends here
Not ready to really bond with my new friends here
Laughing at:
My husband’s funny jokes
The girls and their funny ways of saying things
Thankful for:
This time of less stress
A house to live in vs. staying in someone’s home
Cool weather, in spite of not having my favourite sweater along
Fun food
Missing:
My routine, friends, house and garden in Madagascar
Having Easter Monday brunch with our MAF-C neighbours in Mada (this would have been our 3rd year...)
Watching:
Nothing, really, since we can’t download TV here (boo hoo)
Looking forward to:
Exploring more of Uganda
Seeing if I can get a babysitter for next week so that M and I can see a movie together in a real theatre
Having Easter Monday brunch with the other MAF-C family here
Wondering:
If I should make scones or coffee cake for brunch tomorrow
If I will really get back into Facebook now that Lent is over
If it’s bad that I ordered my kids’ lunch off of a kids’ menu that one lady called “nothing but processed rubbish” (I thought that was a bit extreme...)

6 comments:
Hey, thanks for the great pics and post! I hear ya about Facebook, but I fear I'd never find out who is born and who has died without it. I get so much of my news from there.
Did you make coffee cake or scones? Which recipe? What movie will you be seeing? What nasty rubbish did your kids eat? Is that enough questions or shall I keep going?
It kind of puts a different perspective on things to think about going to a zoo when there are lions, zebras, etc. actually roaming around outside of the zoo. Interesting. I guess we have that too in NA, it's just different animals. :-)
Yes, I want to know about the scones/coffee cake too. Did the lady who said that about the rubbish say it before or after you ordered for your kids? :-) Cause I think it's funny either way. Only I want to commend you if you ordered it after she said it! ha ha
Thanks for the posting... tell your kids I miss them.
i'm sad that we're not the MAF Canadian family who enjoyed your Easter Brunch yesterday, no matter what you decided to serve. ...sigh!!...
have you decided already how long you'll end up staying? Shall we reserve Independence Day June 26 for lanterns 'round the compound? :-)
So good to read about your life. Water colour lessons? I had no idea! How's it going? And yes, I want to know the baking details too, you know, recipe and all....now that lent is over and I'm eating sugar again. Speaking of sugar, I gotta go make a cuppa and have me some cheesecake. (I froze some before the family ate it all so I could have it legally. =) too bad you aren't here to join me. I saved enough for both of us but don't tell the kids...I don't want to share with them. =)
I miss you!
Post a Comment