I never expected to get internet at the house while we’re here, so having a decent connection is really a bonus. After having no internet at the house since we arrived on March 30th, I’m enjoying this with mixed feelings. It’s so good to be back in touch with blogs, e-mail, skype and facebook, but I find it is so easy to waste so much time here. I had been getting so much scrapbooking and painting done, and now it seems hard to find time to do those things. It’s a good lesson for me in keeping my priorities straight.
We had a good weekend. Friday night I went bowling with 8 MAF ladies and had a good time. I even managed to win one game, in spite of being very tired by that time of night. It’s so amazing to me that you can go bowling here, and not even at a completely ridiculous price.
Saturday we mostly hung out around here, but then we did go swimming and to the weekly MAF volleyball game. Our first tradition here has come out of those weekly volleyball games because we never get home till at least 6:00 and the girls still need to have baths before bed. So, we have pancakes for supper. With store-bought pancake syrup. (2% real maple syrup! Sad, isn’t it?)
Sunday morning I had a headache and felt a little off in the digestive department so I stayed home and napped while M and the girls went to church. We were invited out for lunch and the girls played so well with their girls, and we chatted so well with them, that before we knew it we had stayed till after 5:00! When we got home, the girls watched a movie while I gave Matthew a haircut.
Today we tried valiantly to get back into the weekday routine and just as the day was ending, we seemed to get over the Monday slump. :)
I can hardly believe that our time is over more than half gone. I have very mixed feelings about that, but mostly want to go home.
This Saturday is our 11th anniversary and we are thinking of spending the weekend at a hotel in a town called Jinja. The girls are very excited to be coming along. :) I think we’ll be able to see some animals (probably nothing too exciting) and lots of birds, and possibly have a boat ride on the Nile. We shall see how that all works out in reality. (My cynicism rears its ugly head...that’s what 4+ years of living in Africa does to a holiday-planning individual. :)

3 comments:
Good to hear from you! this internet business sure does suck the time away. It's rather annoying sometimes.
it was soooo good to chat with you today. when we said our good-byes i could hear your voice in my head :-)
I'm glad too that you have internet since it means we can meet on Skype, hear more about your life more frequently, read you fb status updates, etc. =)
But how I hear you about the time wasting. And so, I'm off to get some productive things done! (Although, I do think staying in touch with friends is not only productive but essential to one's well being. At least for me it sure is.
Post a Comment