This weekend is so relaxing and wonderful that I don't want it to be over. :) Matthew had 5 long, hard days of work last week, and well, so did I. When he came home on Friday night, I sighed a great sigh of relief and said, "Let's go out for pizza." Ha.
Yesterday we just hung out around the house, except for me making a run to the grocery store and a second-hand store. It was very refreshing to hang out together as a family.
This morning the girls were so excited that it was Mother's Day. :) They had all made cards for me, and gave me money to buy the bird book I've been eyeing. I have to tell you about C's card for me. It was a blow to my self-confidence. (not really, but it cracked me up.) It said, "Mom, Happy Mother's Day! I love you very much! Do you know what to do with the money in the box? Buy "Birds of East Africa!" We put in enough money! Dad thought that you could figure that out on your own, but I wasn't so sure. Caitlyn" Hee hee. So sweet.
We only have two more weeks here in Uganda, a week in Kenya and then we are heading home! I am alternately so excited to get back to our own house and nervous about the continuing political drama there.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
*snort* Caitlyn's hilarious - without even intending to be, I'm sure. : )
well, once upon a time there was a little girl who gave her mom a book. The title was, "How To Win Over Depression". Hahahahaha. Her mom wasn't sure either what to think....Isn't life funny?
ha! i forgot about that, Mom. :) i wonder which daughter that could have been? :)
as i recall, it was the only book that i could afford. it wasn't that i was stressing out about my mother's depression at the ripe old age of 6. :D
simply funny!
Post a Comment