Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Food

I thought I would try to start doing this again...please add your dinner plans in the comments.

Pizza casserole (don't ask for the recipe...I'm making it up.)
Cooked carrots
Applesauce

Maybe some cookies or whatever we scrounge up for dessert.

*********

I've been giving potty training a lot of thought lately. L is now 21 months, and I am debating whether she is ready to start. I've never started before any of mine turned 2, but I'm thinking it might be kind of nice to have her trained before we go to Canada. On the other hand, it might be a total pain. Can you help me think this through?

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Our Friday supper was smokies, potato wedges and raw veggies. Better than leftovers!

Anonymous said...

We went out to Trout Bay all day today. It was beautiful and relaxing and fun. And for supper we had sausage (Baduik's!), onion-garlic-butter potatoes (slice 'em up, add LOTS of garlic, onions, Montreal steak spice, and butter. wrap in several layers of tin foil and put in the fire), yellow beans, and bannock. It was a feast!

Potty training... As a mother of boys who haven't been trained until after 3, I'm at a loss there!

rachelslab said...

I'm not sure about a post that deals with Friday food AND potty training!

Iris said...

We actually had something other than popcorn! I put moose stew chunks in the crock pot with about 3 onions, salt pepper,and french onion soup mix. Oh, and 2 pressed garlic cloves. Later I added (large) bite sized carrots and 2 cans of stewed tomatoes. Just before serving I added some cooked chick peas. Some of us ate it over rice and some ate the two separate. Very yummy, if I do say so myself. Jenni, it was sorta like your Chick Pea Stew but not thickened and not quite as many peas.

I have to agree with Robyn's comment on potty training.(See a previous post) I think traveling with a newly potty trained child would be stressful. Would you rather change a diaper at your "convenience" or need a bathroom desperatly 5 minutes before boarding or while you're ridding that tram thingie in the yucky Paris airport? I think I'd wait till I get home again. But that too is just one woman's opinion. Can't wait to see you!!