Thursday, June 22, 2006

In which I state facts and subtly complain...

So, on Sunday night both L and S were puking, Monday L had diarrhea and S had a fever, Tuesday they were both recovering, Wednesday they were mostly fine with minor irritability. Wednesday night, A started complaining that her belly hurt. She refused to eat pancakes for supper (which Rachel made because I felt like my stomach was tying itself into knots and then stabbing me), and that’s a pretty good sign that something is wrong. She threw up about ½ hour before bedtime, and while I cleaned up that (massive and enormous) mess, Rachel changed L’s diaper and informed me that she still has watery diarrhea. Got them all in bed and about 1 hour after I was asleep, A threw up again in her bed. She did get up one more time during the night, but didn’t throw up. Thank you, Jesus. She just now woke up, and said, “My belly still hurts.”

Shall we take bets on when C starts puking?

Also, if your kids aren’t sick, please take a moment to be thankful, and when mine are well, I hope this reminds me to do the same!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I will be thankful and I will also pray for you guys!!! I cannot imagine having to clean up that much puke. I would be puking myself simply from smelling it. May God give you strength and a dull sense of smell.
We are going strawberry picking today and I wish you and all your chicklets could join us!
Miss you these days...

Robyn said...

Hey, this might be kinda weird...but I wonder where Jenni and Iris are? This is like a chat room...i've been missing the conversations! :-)

Iris said...

I'm right here! I'm so glad you missed me.=) I like having these multi way conversations too. Come visit me at my own new blog...and then pat me on the back for actually starting one!

Iris said...

I've got a question...how do I get my blogname to appear so that someone can get there from clicking on my highlighted name in this comment? Oh you experienced bloggers....Help!! It does it for Robyn's blog but not for mine.

Anonymous said...

Iris, would that be because you chose not to "list" or make public your site? (Can't remember what it was called in the setting...) Just a guess.

And hi Robyn. I'm still here. Just went on a little marathon road trip this weekend, which I shall try to record in my blog today or tomorrow! (And I'll send you the address.)