Monday, July 10, 2006
Pumpkins
An old married couple once stayed up late to watch the final game of the World Cup. (That is the game of soccer, and living in the eastern hemisphere automatically creates interest in said sport.) He got a phone call (from overseas) and she was playing a (riveting) computer game on the laptop while they watched. When the phone call ended, and the battery on the laptop died, they sat and cuddled while watching the last part of the game. (While wondering if the French captain was a lunatic, and if the Italians would win because of their good looks.) Says the man, “We really ought to have more quality time together like this.” She lovingly answers, “Yes. I especially liked the part when you were on the phone, I was using the computer and the TV was on. Yes, that is quality time.” Then they stayed up till almost midnight and turned into pumpkins. It’s awfully hard for pumpkins to get out of bed the next morning. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I have to wonder what you did AFTER you turned into pumpkins...What do pumpkins do anyway?
that has got to be one of the most meaningful pieces of literature I've read in a long time. (snif)
I'm speechless.
why, big pumpkins make little pumpkins...didn't you know?
Is that what happens when pumpkins roll?
i'm glad to know we watched the world cup final at the same, rhonda. were you cheering for france? i was cheering for italy.
we have all the little pumpkins we can handle... thank you.
i was kind of cheering for italy...the french captain was an interesting fellow. did you see the head-butt that got him the red card? (i feel so cool talking about a red card, like i actually know something!)
I know you're not talking to me, but yeah, that headbutt - what a... um, butthead I guess. hello! I saw it replayed here several times. duh! Doesn't he know that the only way to fight civilized is to drop your gloves and punch the guy in the head?
oh i saw it! it was amazing. and i'm impressed by your use of soccer terminology.
I am not commenting on those post for two reasons:
1) I am an innocent, unmarried female.
2) I know nothing about soccer.
The end.
OK, two things:
1. Rachel, your comment made Matthew lol.
2. Bethany, I think everyone's assuming that I meant that we stayed up (clears throat) later than the game. Not so. There was nothing inappropriate in this post for young, innocent, single ladies. :)
btw rachel - a soccer player is not allowed to use his hands - duh
great post - i can relate
Post a Comment