Tuesday, July 18, 2006

There’s a lot of lint that needs to be emptied out of my brain…

* My washing machine broke yesterday. It just quit. Maybe doing 1-3 loads of laundry 5 days a week is hard on machines, I don’t know. So tomorrow we are going shopping for a new washing machine. There’s a small part of me that finds that a little bit exciting, but mostly I just don’t feel like spending that much money! (Don’t worry, it will not cause us financial hardship – it’s just not what we had planned, you know.)

* A and S went to school again today and had a much better day. They did really great crafts and were very happy about it.

* While the girls were at school, I went shopping and out for lunch with the other MAF ladies. We had a good time, and guess what? We ate at a Mexican restaurant!!! Who knew that there would be a Mexican restaurant in Tana? Wonders never cease. I had beef fajitas that were really delicious, just not exactly what I’m used to.

* It’s only one month till my __st birthday. I’m still not old enough to stop being excited about presents and cake.

*M is hanging up my new curtain rods for the living room and dining room, even as we speak. They are snazzy, let me tell you. Black wrought iron. I’ll post pictures later this week.

* L speaks in cute little sentences now. Things like: “Wherezuh fish, Mama?” “Here it is, Mama.” “Don’ yike it, Mama.” “Don’ wunit, Mama.” Almost everything ends in Mama, which is odd because I’ve never, ever referred to myself as Mama. Also, tonight C was on a French-speaking kick and, in French, told L to come. L was in a stubborn mood and said, in English, “No come.” I was a little surprised by that!

* Speaking of kids learning a second or third language…I have decided to make a recommendation to all of you with little kids. Decide now if you want your kids to learn a second language and then do something about it if you do. There is never going to be an easier time for them to learn a language. The Rosetta Stone courses are expensive, but a good way to kick-off. I’d find their website and link to it, but you know how to use Google as well as I do.

* The end. I’m going to bed.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

You're teaching your kids to speak French? That is very neat!! Hmmm...maybe we'll teach Isaiah to speak Pennsylvania Dutch. By the way, our baby's name is Isaiah Mark. :)