*Praise the Lord! The restrictions seem to be loosening up for carry-on luggage! I’m still not holding my breath, but am feeling a little more hopeful about that.
*Have any of you tried a game called “Puerto Rico”? It’s a fun game and I think all of you serious game-players out there would like it. It is a stretch for me, since I’ve only played it a few times and it takes quite a lot of strategy. (There aren’t any dice! Imagine!)
*I’m re-reading Waking the Dead, and it’s giving me so much to think about that I feel like my brain is overheating. It hasn’t been pretty, to be honest, but hopefully it’s not all in vain.
*I just read Dr. Seuss’s “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” for the first time today and enjoyed it a lot. At the beginning I was rolling my eyes and thinking what a dumb book it was, but it gets a lot better. Have you read it? Do you read it to your kids?
*One of my favorite meals is roast beef with carrots, potatoes and onions. I tried making it here a few times and it was incredibly tough. Through a strange series of events I got some meat tenderizer, and have now made roast beef twice. It works well, and then we all eat an amazing amount of food. (How do people with 8 or 10 kids manage the grocery bill? Just wondering.)
*Yesterday was a holiday here, so M was home all day and that was great. In the morning I went shopping to get things to take with us to Canada. (Maybe if you leave me a nice comment, I’ll give you a nice gift. Ha ha.)
*I own ½ a blender now, and so we’ve had milkshakes and refried beans and pumpkin cake lately. It’s fun owning ½ a blender, but yet getting to use all of it at one time.
*Why do babies have to grow up? How long can L be a baby? I’m coming to understand very clearly why youngest children are often spoiled. (Youngest children are not allowed to comment on that, unless they know that their last child is born already.) She still doesn’t have any eye-teeth and she has to have 2 blankets and a bear to sleep, so maybe I can still think of her as a baby for awhile. Rationalization at it’s finest, eh?
*I’m having a birthday this week, and I thought that I knew what Matthew was getting me, but now he says it’s not what I thought it was, and so now I don’t know what I’m getting except that I’m pretty sure it won’t be a trip to the beach or a cruise to Hawaii, but I also know that he’s taking me on a date tomorrow night which is super-dee-duper! (75 bonus points to the first person who tells me where I got the phrase super-dee-duper. 31 bonus points to the person who tells me why the other person got 75 points. 10000 points to the person who tells me what show gave me the idea to dole out fake bonus points.)
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Rhonda, you're my bestest friend and you write the goodest blogs and you have the cutie-pie-est kiddos. There, now can I have a nice present from Madagascar???
Nice lint!!
Oh, and would you care to explain how you own half of a blender??
I want to know about the blender too...
And I'm thrilled for you that the restrictions seem to be lessening. You're not flying through the UK, right?
Have you read Dr. Seuss's "Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can you?" Or "There's a Wocket in my Pocket!"? Great books!
Happy Birthday! May M take you somewhere wonderfully wild and adventurous. Do you have Wal-Marts where you live?
I have no idea where you got the points idea, but I think I should get 1000 points for being the first person to comment on the point lint. :)
I have no idea how people with 8-10 people in their family feed them. I often wonder this myself!
Maybe in families with 8-10 kids, the more resentful, bitter, older kids, just eat the smaller, spolied ones when they get out of line.
(oh sorry, that was tremendously gross!)
I was wondering about the blender thing too.
I read your last post and was thinking about how horrible it would be to fly with all those restrictions for carry..Ihope it works out for you!
Have a nice birthday!
well, the fake points thing definitely came from "who's line is it anyway?". ding ding ding! i win the 10000 points! yay. i think i'll cash them in for eprops.
so, we're waiting to hear about the blender....
Ok, the blender is also owned by my neighbour J, who is also a MAF wife. Isn't that just the most neighbourly thing you've ever heard of? And, yes, we also borrow eggs and sugar and stuff. :)
My friend Vicki, who is shy about commenting here :), gets the 75 pts for knowing that super-dee-duper comes from Barney. Kim definitely wins the 10000 pts...and don't think that because I used to watch Who's Line is it Anyway, that I'm a Drew Carey fan...because let me assure you, I'm not. Collin what's his name? Very funny.
just for the record, i knew right away where you got the points don't matter thing from. i'm giving myself 10000 bonus points. i'll cash them in for something good from madagascar. how about a lemur?
HAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHDAY Dear Rhonda... Happy Birthday to YOU! It still is your birthday in this country. Any fun pictures to post of your wild and rawkas party? I hope you had a great 25th!
Well my internet has been down so I should get all the points. Because super-dee-duper doesn't really come from Barney. Since you're such a big Dr Suess fan, you should know that it comes from...I can't remember the name of the book but something about scrambled eggs super-dee-duper-dee-duper,.....a la Peter T Hooper. (can't remember how it goes)
I finally got on line again and I'm so happy for you about the flight stuff. Maybe they did a few flights with kids who helped them see the faults in their little restrictions. I agree with Robyn. I thought the super dee duper thing came from Dr. Suess. See my blog for your happy birthday!
Hey I just signed yor guestbook...check it out. I think you have common connection to people in Madagascar,that people in my church have relationships with!!
I would tell you happy birthday, but alas, there is no way to comment on your latest posting. Hopefully, you'll see this so....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
My internet is still down and I tried sending you an email and an ecard and I don't know if you got either one cause I can only check email not send. ARGH! (nice run on sentence eh?) Anyway, happy birthday, dear sister, happy birthday to you. I love you!
Hey Rhonda,
Happy Birthday! We were visiting your parents on the day of your birthday. That was kinda of nice. It made me reminisce of the good old days :) Hope you had a good one! And we're looking forward to seeing you again!
Post a Comment